• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$2500

tommyt654

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
26   0
Reaction score
Thats right $2500 for the 1st person to post a pefect 2500 target score on an ARA card this coming Sat the 28th of October.Got a good shooting .22,think you can hit the center of the scorecard 25 times,If so you'll become the 1st person ever to shoot one at Chattanooga Rifle Club,C'mon out and have some fun and a chance,You'll get 6 chances to win for $30 entry fee.Here's what the target looks like,thats actually 5 shots at each target from 50 yardsHere's the info,..You do have to be a member of the ARA,but it's free to join

Tennessee Chattanooga Rifle Club Outdoor Unlimited Club Tournament 6 9:00 AM
https://www.americanrimfire.com/

https://www.americanrimfire.com/index.php/club/view/185
FullSizeRender.jpg

Never shot ARA, but looks as tough as our ABRA cards. Lot of guys will say they can shoot a squirrel's eye at 50 yds untill they sit in front of something like this.

It is fun.I started shooting in the ARA after many yrs off from shooting in competitions. This can be done with any rimfire rifle,but to be honest it can become expensive to compete in the top tier (lots of travel and lots of ammo purchase's). Joe Chacon and his wife Lisa run the ABRA for those with 10/22 styled rimfire rifles and I'm getting interested in that as well.We do allow those with 10/22 to compete but require a catcher for the brass as most bench's are close together

In the winter we offer an indoor league.William Casey of Cedartown,Ga is building an indoor range as we speak and should have it up and running this winter along with his regular outdoor range.Great folks come and shoot there as well as Chattanooga and Gold City (Dahlonega) and a range near Macon as well.This is a lot of fun and an average of 15-20 folks per match and some match's we will have relays as they can get as many as 50 shooters show up

I'm competitive but not as much as I would like to be as my funding due to a disability limits my ammo purchase's sadly,but have on occasion beaten the better shooters out there with lesser ammo and equipment.I go to have fun and camaradry with all the older guys (average age is nearer to 55). I shoot a Remy 40x and a customized Suhl which I'm selling to be able to afford this upcoming season.They say a man with 1 gun is dangerous in a competiton so that's where I'm heading,lol

Give it a try,Chattanooga's an easy drive and not hard to find.The range in Cedartown will hold it's last outdoor match in early Nov. then hopefully he'll have the indoor range finished for the new indoor season Don't wanna hunt in the dead of winetr then come try the indoor this upcoming season and once you get bitten it's hard to not show up n shoot
029.JPG
012.jpg
025.jpg
007.jpg

Attachments

• 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 30
It is fun.I started shooting in the ARA after many yrs off from shooting in competitions. This can be done with any rimfire rifle,but to be honest it can become expensive to compete in the top tier (lots of travel and lots of ammo purchase's). Joe Chacon and his wife Lisa run the ABRA for those with 10/22 styled rimfire rifles and I'm getting interested in that as well.We do allow those with 10/22 to compete but require a catcher for the brass as most bench's are close together

In the winter we offer an indoor league.William Casey of Cedartown,Ga is building an indoor range as we speak and should have it up and running this winter along with his regular outdoor range.Great folks come and shoot there as well as Chattanooga and Gold City (Dahlonega) and a range near Macon as well.This is a lot of fun and an average of 15-20 folks per match and some match's we will have relays as they can get as many as 50 shooters show up

I'm competitive but not as much as I would like to be as my funding due to a disability limits my ammo purchase's sadly,but have on occasion beaten the better shooters out there with lesser ammo and equipment.I go to have fun and camaradry with all the older guys (average age is nearer to 55). I shoot a Remy 40x and a customized Suhl which I'm selling to be able to afford this upcoming season.They say a man with 1 gun is dangerous in a competiton so that's where I'm heading,lol

Give it a try,Chattanooga's an easy drive and not hard to find.The range in Cedartown will hold it's last outdoor match in early Nov. then hopefully he'll have the indoor range finished for the new indoor season Don't wanna hunt in the dead of winetr then come try the indoor this upcoming season and once you get bitten it's hard to not show up n shoot View attachment 1362890 View attachment 1362891 View attachment 1362892 View attachment 1362893
You guys have some good looking setups :thumb: Looking at those wind flags, most people have no idea the havoc the wind can play with a .22LR at 50 yards.
You ever decide to compete ABRA we shoot 3rd Sunday at Elbert Co Gun Club. 2018 schedule is TBD.

Thanks will do,Sadly most long range shooters rarely ever see the direct correlation betwen shooting rimfire at 50 yards and large bore rifles at 500 yards there is a distinct correlation regarding the wind reading as well as other factors involved in the 2.Several F-Class shooters follow this and shoot in it for exactly that reason

Thats right $2500 for the 1st person to post a pefect 2500 target score on an ARA card this coming Sat the 28th of October.Got a good shooting .22,think you can hit the center of the scorecard 25 times,If so you'll become the 1st person ever to shoot one at Chattanooga Rifle Club,C'mon out and have some fun and a chance,You'll get 6 chances to win for $30 entry fee.Here's what the target looks like,thats actually 5 shots at each target from 50 yardsHere's the info,..You do have to be a member of the ARA,but it's free to join

Tennessee Chattanooga Rifle Club Outdoor Unlimited Club Tournament 6 9:00 AM
https://www.americanrimfire.com/

https://www.americanrimfire.com/index.php/club/view/185View attachment 1362153
Is that a 0.30 (0.60 MOA @ 50 yards) 100 ring?

Back
Top Bottom