• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.22lr compensator on .22 wmr?

should be fine. if you have any doubts or questions, send a quick email to Tac Sol. I have always had very quick responses from them (I'd go the email route right now as the office folks may be working from home).

The only thing I wouldn't do is shoot CCI shot shells thru the comp. Other than that, I think you're good to go. I know of at least one company making aluminum brakes for 6.5/300 rifles for hunting applications. Not as durable as their steel ones but if you are putting something like a Proof carbon barrel on something, why put a huge steel brake on the end of it.

I was unaware or the Quiet Semi-Auto rounds as well. I mostly shoot quiets thru my bolt gun but would love something quiet that cycles in demi's. Really hoping it'll work consistently in my 15-22 as well... assuming I can find any in stock anywhere.
CCI Std Velocity are your friend!

should be fine. if you have any doubts or questions, send a quick email to Tac Sol. I have always had very quick responses from them (I'd go the email route right now as the office folks may be working from home).

The only thing I wouldn't do is shoot CCI shot shells thru the comp. Other than that, I think you're good to go. I know of at least one company making aluminum brakes for 6.5/300 rifles for hunting applications. Not as durable as their steel ones but if you are putting something like a Proof carbon barrel on something, why put a huge steel brake on the end of it.
Super helpful. Maybe I haven't opened my eyes enough when buying ammo - but shotshells in .22? That's neat and I can't think of any reason to buy that unless I'm aiming at a hummingbird and am a terrible shot LOL.

I'll shoot an email over to TacSol and see what they say just for peace of mind. I picked this compensator specifically because it was aluminum and I didn't want to add too much weight to the end of the barrel. Not shooting fast enough to melt it; don't even think my magazine would hold enough ammo to accomplish that either.

Back
Top Bottom