• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

223 Bolt Guns

loadnplenty

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
197   0
Reaction score
How many out there have heavy barrel 223 bolt guns? Are yours geared towards tactical or varmit hunting?

I have a Remington Varmit that has gotten out of hand for just varmit hunting which is what it was intended for lol.

Bell & Carlson Medalsit stock
Badger Ordnace detchable mag
Nikon M223 BDC scope

And it is now quite heavy. To the point it would be better suited for a praire dog town instead of being drug around for coyotes and such.

A good friend has a Howa heavy barrel stainless .22-250... great rifle. That's the only Howa I have personal experience with, but if that one says anything, they make a good product.

I've got a Remington 700 heavy barrel .223. It's a good shooter- as good as any I've punched paper with, but I'm seriously considering selling it to further condense the long guns. I'm kind of between selling it or the heavy barrel AR. The AR isn't quite as accurate, but has the advantage of being semi auto.

Once you install a mag system on a bolt action, It's all over. I can't imagine myself owning another bolt action without a detachable mag system. My bank account wishes I would though...

I built a 338-06 Ackley improved on a remington 700 detachable mag gun and absolutley love it. It being a wildcat and the detach mag feature make it unique

Back
Top Bottom