• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

.22 Silencer Host Pistol Candidates for My Dobbs Can

Best .22 Silencer Host - Pistol

• S&W M&P .22

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Walther PPKS .22

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Ruger 22/45

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Browning Buckmark

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • GSG 1911

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Ruger SR-22

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters
I thought buckmark barrels were cheaper than rugers because its just the barrel?

Id like to get a urx with a tac sol barrel, shuld be a sweet shooter
It is just the barrel, but they still run $200 for just that on a $300 gun. It is nice having it not be serialized right there like Rugers.

Yeah but I posted video proof. Not just a legal warning.
True. You can do just about anyything if you want to bad enough.

I wont be runnng 308 through my 9mm can but i prob could once or twice.

One of the other things was a lack of shoulder on the threaded barrel but i wasnt sure of that one.

I agree.

Dougie, come by the house and you can try mine out anytime.

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_09_26_174074197eecce9a2edc154f0905980a.jpg

How's the Trigger on those things?

I have owned or still own every one of these guns and here are my thoughts (if anyone cares)

Walther PPK/S = The trigger is so horrible, probably the worst on a pistol I have yet to experience. Want to buy a lightly used one?

M&P 22 = Nice all around gun with not much available for upgrades, gets the job done. Could be nice if an M&P 9 or M&P 40/45 is your main carry weapon.

Ruger SR-22 = I like this gun, nice size. Would not own as primary host but is great fun to shoot when I don't want one of the larger and more accurate alternatives.

GSG 1911 = Sorry but I hate the pot metal piece of $h!t. I had one and had problems, sent it back and gsg returned it with the same problem. tried again and same result. I wrote and called and asked for a new gun since they could not get it working but they just ignored me. Customer service left a lot to be desired. These pistols will not last long and are not recommended to put in rental fleets for that reason, much like the P22. I know a lot of people like them and that's cool but my experience with them was horrible. much better options available IMO

Buckmark = I own 2 of these and love them. Easy to work on and accurate but the factory whisper barrel is very heavy so I had to put tacsol barrels on both. A 4" and a 5.5 inch. I'd go with the 4 inch as I love the size and the 5.5 inch will throw bulkpack ammo out at supersonic speeds where the 4 inch does not. Cheap trigger upgrades work well so that helps offset the cost of doing trigger work on a 22/45 lite.

22/45 - 22/45 Lite = I have a 22/45 with tacsol barrel and 2 22/45's Lite. The Lites are a great value and shoot well. They are a PITA to work on, I hate cleaning my 22/45s which is important when shooting suppressed

P22 = nice size fun gun. as with the gsg, don't expect it to hold up long term. Better suited as a secondary host or light duty use.

In the end I prefer the buckmark platform, especially with the tacsol barrel. Wish there was an option to buy the frame only at less $ and add the tacsol.

If only buying one, I'd get the buckmark with tacsol. If price isa significant concern, I'd go with the 22/45 Lite. If adding a second, I'd go for the SR-22 with M&P 22 coming in behind it.

If you aren't going to shoot much and don't really care how long it lasts because it will get little use, consider the P-22, the GSG (if they have fixed their product and CS improved)

The trigger on the PPK/S is so bad I would not consider it

I've used my Liberty Essence, Sparrow, HTA and spectre cans on these. Prefer the Essence

My opinion and experience only

Last edited:
I have owned or still own every one of these guns and here are my thoughts (if anyone cares)

Walther PPK/S = The trigger is so horrible, probably the worst on a pistol I have yet to experience. Want to buy a lightly used one?

M&P 22 = Nice all around gun with not much available for upgrades, gets the job done. Could be nice if an M&P 9 or M&P 40/45 is your main carry weapon.

Ruger SR-22 = I like this gun, nice size. Would not own as primary host but is great fun to shoot when I don't want one of the larger and more accurate alternatives.

GSG 1911 = Sorry but I hate the pot metal piece of $h!t. I had one and had problems, sent it back and gsg returned it with the same problem. tried again and same result. I wrote and called and asked for a new gun since they could not get it working but they just ignored me. Customer service left a lot to be desired. These pistols will not last long and are not recommended to put in rental fleets for that reason, much like the P22. I know a lot of people like them and that's cool but my experience with them was horrible. much better options available IMO

Buckmark = I own 2 of these and love them. Easy to work on and accurate but the factory whisper barrel is very heavy so I had to put tacsol barrels on both. A 4" and a 5.5 inch. I'd go with the 4 inch as I love the size and the 5.5 inch will throw bulkpack ammo out at supersonic speeds where the 4 inch does not. Cheap trigger upgrades work well so that helps offset the cost of doing trigger work on a 22/45 lite.

22/45 - 22/45 Lite = I have a 22/45 with tacsol barrel and 2 22/45's Lite. The Lites are a great value and shoot well. They are a PITA to work on, I hate cleaning my 22/45s which is important when shooting suppressed

P22 = nice size fun gun. as with the gsg, don't expect it to hold up long term. Better suited as a secondary host or light duty use.

In the end I prefer the buckmark platform, especially with the tacsol barrel. Wish there was an option to buy the frame only at less $ and add the tacsol.

If only buying one, I'd get the buckmark with tacsol. If price isa significant concern, I'd go with the 22/45 Lite. If adding a second, I'd go for the SR-22 with M&P 22 coming in behind it.

If you aren't going to shoot much and don't really care how long it lasts because it will get little use, consider the P-22, the GSG (if they have fixed their product and CS improved)

The trigger on the PPK/S is so bad I would not consider it

I've used my Liberty Essence, Sparrow, HTA and spectre cans on these. Prefer the Essence

My opinion and experience only
Thanks for the review, a Browning buckmark may be the way I go.

its not on your list but I really enjoy my Smith and Wesson Model 422 they're a little harder to find but they are super lightweight and very quiet I'm running a Spectre 2 on mine

Back
Top Bottom