• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22 Jet Rim?

Remmy

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
20   0
Reaction score
I’ve got a big S&W revolver that shoots this and am thinking about reloading for it since you can’t find ammo for it.
From the info that I’ve gathered it said to make the brass out of 357 brass.
I’ve been a reloader for ever but I’ve never tried to take one kind of brass and make it a different caliber brass
Has anyone ever done?
I know the process but never have done it

I once had a H&R Topper chambered in .22 Rem Jet. I too thought about reloading for it. I puchased 100 cases from a company in Maryland (sorry, can't remember the name). They were swaged from new Starline .357 cases. They weren't cheap but cheaper than buying your own swaging dies considering how often one might shoot the firearm.

a little google searching if you were thinking to make your own:

It does look like it's difficult to make the brass starting with 357, especially if you don't already have a setup (press, lube, neck tension/cutter, etc). I would think given the cost of ammo, actually buying the sizing die would be worth the time and money to have it done correctly.

Redding Case forming dies:

I would call Reeds Ammo and see what they think about availability of brass. I know how you feel, I have 22 hornet and 218 bee's that I'd like to have some more brass but at $80/box, I'll wait till things improve or I find some deals. :)

Cartridge conversions can be rewarding even if not completely economical. I do them for some rifle cartridges. It's rarely worth the effort and expense unless you shoot a good bit of the desired chambering.

Annealing and thinning case neck walls before swaging seems to help me a bit.

George C. Nonte Jr.'s book "the home guide to CARTRIDGE CONVERSIONS" has been a great read. I have an excellent condition copy worth a bit of money but you can buy this book used for under a $100.

20240205_173230.jpg

Back
Top Bottom