• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2024 Silverado EV

I can almost justify an EV truck, and I can certainly justify an EV SUV for my wife. She drives less than 10,000 miles a year. My commute is 23 miles 1 way and I don't tow anything with my current truck. My family has some property in the Blue Ridge area that we go to fairly often, so I'm not sure how well it would manage up there infrastructure wise, and you need a proper 4WD to get there. My work has free charging so the battery would always stay charged. I would prefer it be a PHEV version though, to get the best of both worlds. I specced out a Ford Lightning PRO for giggles and without dealer markup I could get it around 45,000 for a better equipped truck than my own. You also get the federal rebate on the Fords, not on the Chevys, at least for now.

Not saying every car on the road will be electric in 10 years. Just most of them. Feel free to point out how wrong I was 10 years from now :thumb:

I do wonder how the economics of this will work out over the next 10 yrs. What's a 5 yr old EV worth when you know you have battery replacement looming on the horizon? Resale will plummet. And does anyone really think the "Green" Karens are going to stop their bitching and carping over fossil based greenhouse emissions when they can easily change up to bitching and carping (and receive funding) about heavy metals, batteries and the other wastes generated to feed an EV?

I can almost justify an EV truck, and I can certainly justify an EV SUV for my wife. She drives less than 10,000 miles a year. My commute is 23 miles 1 way and I don't tow anything with my current truck. My family has some property in the Blue Ridge area that we go to fairly often, so I'm not sure how well it would manage up there infrastructure wise, and you need a proper 4WD to get there. My work has free charging so the battery would always stay charged. I would prefer it be a PHEV version though, to get the best of both worlds. I specced out a Ford Lightning PRO for giggles and without dealer markup I could get it around 45,000 for a better equipped truck than my own. You also get the federal rebate on the Fords, not on the Chevys, at least for now.

I don't understand the need for a Federal rebate if the whole EV movement is such a good idea.

I do wonder how the economics of this will work out over the next 10 yrs. What's a 5 yr old EV worth when you know you have battery replacement looming on the horizon? Resale will plummet. And does anyone really think the "Green" Karens are going to stop their bitching and carping over fossil based greenhouse emissions when they can easily change up to bitching and carping (and receive funding) about heavy metals, batteries and the other wastes generated to feed an EV?
Karen's and the crony Capitalist are trying to force them on the market. Which is unfortunate because they will only hinder the full potential of EV's.

The way GM is with options you would be surprised. My Elevation is higher equiped option wise than most AT4s and SLTs out there.
maybe the latest at4s because of the chip shortages....but that would affect elevations too, my 2020 at4 has everything other than the invisible trailer cam. You would have to throw a lot of extra money with options to get close to what most at4s come with direct from the factory.

maybe the latest at4s because of the chip shortages....but that would affect elevations too, my 2020 at4 has everything other than the invisible trailer cam. You would have to throw a lot of extra money with options to get close to what most at4s come with direct from the factory.
Because your AT4 was optioned that way. AT4s don't come standard with all the creature comforts. A base AT4 is an elevation with leather, lift kit, and either the 6.2 or baby max. That's it. You gotta add all the packages and options to it.

EV is the future.

Picture it's the late 90's and you're telling yourself you don't like the internet and you think it's dumb.

That's exactly how you sound resisting electric vehicles. Even 18 wheelers will be all EV in the very near future. They do everything better than gas.
:pound: Till you're stuck on I-95 in a snow storm. If all those were EV's stuck and all those batteries died it would take weeks to clear out the interstate. Not as simple as putting in a gallon of gas and getting to the next exit.

Back
Top Bottom