• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2023 Trail Cam Pics

I'd like to but won't. If he figured out we killed a cow of his he would probably make a big stink about it. He trespasses all the time and local LE won't and hasn't done anything about it. He just gives the excuse of he was looking for his livestock. He is the type of guy who I'd you're hunting near the property line even if you're facing away from it back onto our property he's gonna drive his side by side through and have music blaring during prime time in the evening and do it about the first hour of daylight in the morning.
There are ways to stop it but it can also go bad quickly.

Lol. For the cow maybe. Just kidding. Tough situation to be in while trying to hunt. We had pasture land next to some property years ago. Trees fall etc and cows get out. We would tell the farmer and even help him get them back in the pasture He was always real nice. He would always say that was a lot of money wandering in the woods.

Exactly. He is there everyday because he lives there. We only lease it and try to keep that in mind when handling situations. He calls us out of towners, I live 4 counties over and my wife's uncle that hunts with me lives 2 over, we really aren't far off from him but he just has a bad attitude.

Lol. For the cow maybe. Just kidding. Tough situation to be in while trying to hunt. We had pasture land next to some property years ago. Trees fall etc and cows get out. We would tell the farmer and even help him get them back in the pasture He was always real nice. He would always say that was a lot of money wandering in the woods.
That's how I worded it when I sent him and his son a text with the pictures of them and told him with all the stump holes in the clear cuts it's dangerous for his cows to be over there because they're so valuable and could break a leg or other injury. Neither one responded to it.

0f9e1348-5b99-4997-bed8-eccccbf1c60a.jpg

You can’t really deal with somebody like that. You ARE an out of towner to he and his family who probably was born on the exact place they live. At the end of the day why don’t you buy a roll of barb wire. Pull up at his house and ask him nicely if he would come help you and show you how to fix the hole in his fence. Maybe this could be a turning point in the problem. If he doesn’t go for it I probably would find me another piece of property to lease.

I have the same problem with our neighbor. The property owner we lease from has had her attorney write up a letter of intent to sue for damages if he doesn't get his cows. This has been a years long ordeal but the last year has been the worst. I have 3 cows that have taken up residence at our place. I get pics of them every single day, I had one directly under me opening day of firearms. His last response to me was "if you're so worried about it you should fix my fence", yep he told me to fix his fence that is 15+/- feet into his property. It's a 40 foot section of no wire. He's a real winner.View attachment 6489937
He made your case right there

Back
Top Bottom