2006 Honda Civic won't start

After I check the wires to starter; if all good, sounds like replacing the starter is next step. I'm sure it is a PITA to do. If by some chance it starts before then, any suggestions beside getting it on the ramps?

Manual or automatic? If manual, roll/push start and get it checked. Park where you could "pop the clutch" later. Many parts stores will check for free, including battery, alternator, and starter while they're still on the car. Of course, if you pull the part, they will also test it. A starter replacement is relatively easy with the right tools and work space.

Automatic car. Sounds a lot like the ones at work when they go out on the tractors. Looks like I will need 10, 12, and 14mm sockets and extensions (have all that). Biggest thing is just getting to it.

That may work, but usually tapping is for a stuck solenoid. Sounds like the starter doesnt have enough oomph to turn over.
Whacking the starter motor is for bumping the brushes to get them off a dead spot on the armature.

Sounds like a fried starter motor Op.

I have tested the grounding and not the issue. I have swapped out the starter cutoff relay and not the issue. Looks like I'm about to get under the car and see about removing and replacing the starter. I hope this is the issue as I'm writing off the afternoon to replace it today. Wish me luck.

Back
Top Bottom