2 dwarf hamsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr107

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
167   0
Reaction score
I have two female dwarf hamsters to rehome. They are friendly when handling but have bitten a few times when you try to pick them up, but once handled they calm down. My kids just lost interest.

One is black and the other is grey. I will get pics up later today. Both will come with full cages setup with silent wheels. Will also include food.

Pickup in Loganville.

#1 is “Oreo”

F2A4D55C-BF18-4574-B382-C616AC8E2B7A.jpeg
439DA030-F3BD-4FE9-95B5-54760C03091D.jpeg

I had hampsters as a kid, and I got bitten a few times. But generally they were pretty docile. It was also unexpected that we apparently got one female and one male hampster, and before you know it we had several litters of little hampsters, most of which were eaten by the parents for whatever reason. Cannibalism is not uncommon with hampsters when something just isn't "right" when they have babies. We did get a second cage to split them up to prevent future offspring, but eventually my mom gave them away to Kmart, which was very happy to have them.

Good luck. I hope you find them new homes.

I had hampsters as a kid, and I got bitten a few times. But generally they were pretty docile. It was also unexpected that we apparently got one female and one male hampster, and before you know it we had several litters of little hampsters, most of which were eaten by the parents for whatever reason. Cannibalism is not uncommon with hampsters when something just isn't "right" when they have babies. We did get a second cage to split them up to prevent future offspring, but eventually my mom gave them away to Kmart, which was very happy to have them.

Good luck. I hope you find them new homes.

I remember when Kmart had a pet department - I too had a hamster as a pre-teen.

While I can’t remember exactly where the hamster and their cages came from, I distinctly remember taking fish home from Kmart in a plastic bag.

Zayre’s may have am had pets too, but I can’t recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom