• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1980’s Quarter bore draw’s first blood…at least for me.

Howard Shadix

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
3   0
Reaction score
9E83D15B-8BDF-47A5-B714-1776847CBA4E.jpeg
Came home from work this morning, let the dogs out and started a coffee. Went back outside to just enjoy the morning and noticed the dogs staring into the neighboring field. Caught slight movement, COYOTE! Wait, COYOTES..4 of ‘em. Less than 20 yards from the dogs. They didn’t see me so I ran like a 53 year old fat man into the house and grabbed a gun that I bought from Jeff Odom, another ODT member, and ran back, very elegantly I’m sure, to the driveway where I picked up the song dogs in the scope, tried to line 2 up and bang! One down! The remaining 3 ran down slope and out of sight till about 225yards and I missed an offhand second
shot but attached are the results. First shot about 140. Don’t know what history this rifle really has but it’s the first kill with it for me. It’s a .25-06 and I love it. 100grain a little much for coyote but it was devastating, had I meant to, would’ve use the Varmint rounds. Female, maybe 30pounds if that, good fat and coat. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the story and I hope to have some more adventures with this rifle. Thanks to Jeff Odom for the deal.

View attachment 4407100View attachment 4407100Came home from work this morning, let the dogs out and started a coffee. Went back outside to just enjoy the morning and noticed the dogs staring into the neighboring field. Caught slight movement, COYOTE! Wait, COYOTES..4 of ‘em. Less than 20 yards from the dogs. They didn’t see me so I ran like a 53 year old fat man into the house and grabbed a gun that I bought from Jeff Odom, another ODT member, and ran back, very elegantly I’m sure, to the driveway where I picked up the song dogs in the scope, tried to line 2 up and bang! One down! The remaining 3 ran down slope and out of sight till about 225yards and I missed an offhand second View attachment 4407100shot but attached are the results. First shot about 140. Don’t know what history this rifle really has but it’s the first kill with it for me. It’s a .25-06 and I love it. 100grain a little much for coyote but it was devastating, had I meant to, would’ve use the Varmint rounds. Female, maybe 30pounds if that, good fat and coat. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the story and I hope to have some more adventures with this rifle. Thanks to Jeff Odom for the deal.
Nice shootin Tex. :)

Back
Top Bottom