• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

11-6 hunt

Shot my personal best buck yet last night at 5:30.

He came in hot chasing 2 does around. I never really got a great look at it. Just flashes between the trees. They crashed away and out of sight but luckily turned and came back.

Got my first halfway decent look at him. Then made a pretty solid shot at 100 yards in a 18" window between trees a few steps later.

Ive got jerky fever after getting a doe in the freezer last weekend so when one of the does gives me a similar shot i take it. She runs off seemingly uninjured. 2 minutes later she trots back through. I stop her and drop her.

I give them a few minutes and when i climb down i find i have shot the buck and both does haha.

I didnt post last night because it took me 3.5 hours to butcher these deer and i was dead tired.

Now if i can find the big boy who has been beating this one up and breakin his tines.
20201105_174835.jpg

Good times! Jerky in my future!

Not much action in ogelthorpe this morning.

It was a pretty fun hunt. But butchering 3 deer is 1 deer too many by yourself. I had coyotes yipping in the distance all around me. Not gonna lie, i almost drew my pistol at nothing like 3 times haha.

I also cut my pinky last down to bone while sharpening the knife with a quick shrapener like some kind of noobie...

Not really that bad but could clearly see bone. Only 1/8th of an inch deep on back of pinky. Bad thing was I still had 2 more deer to butcher. ‍:doh:Thank goodness I had a first aid kit and gloves.

Saw my 8 pt from Wed again about 150 yards up in the woods. He was coming in to a can call and picked up another trail on the way in and turned toward other stand. We were both looking for the ladies, so good seeing him survive another day.

He came in hot chasing 2 does around. I never really got a great look at it. Just flashes between the trees. They crashed away and out of sight but luckily turned and came back.

Got my first halfway decent look at him. Then made a pretty solid shot at 100 yards in a 18" window between trees a few steps later.

Ive got jerky fever after getting a doe in the freezer last weekend so when one of the does gives me a similar shot i take it. She runs off seemingly uninjured. 2 minutes later she trots back through. I stop her and drop her.

I give them a few minutes and when i climb down i find i have shot the buck and both does haha.

I didnt post last night because it took me 3.5 hours to butcher these deer and i was dead tired.

Now if i can find the big boy who has been beating this one up and breakin his tines.View attachment 2904576

Congrats Nate pick you up a outdoor edge knife with replacement blades,your knife sharping days will be over,best 25$ at academy I ever spent.

Now if i can find the big boy who has been beating this one up and breakin his tines.View attachment 2904576

Congrats. Sounds like you were a busy fella last night.

Back
Top Bottom