• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/25 hunt

I'm pretty pumped. I found some pretty good buck sign in a dried up overgrown beaver pond. I found a good tree to climb on the edge so that I will be hidden and be able to see down into the thick stuff. Already set up my climber but I'm going to let the area rest and sneak in in the morning.

IMG_20161125_120521640.jpg

IMG_20161125_120534098.jpg

IMG_20161125_131924966.jpg

I was uneccessarily entertained by several acrobatic squirrels and incessantly Pecking birds since before dawn.
It got colder once the sun came
Out and I was hoping an invigorated buck came trotting in nose up to my scent rag but 1/4 mile to my left this dream scenario unraveled for my buddy when I heard his rifle light up the valley.
It was a good sound to hear.

I swear we were the only
Two hunters in the chatt WMA.
We were the only two on the sign in sheet for the day.

Although I didn't get anything I was just as excited as if I got one.
Was happy to see the chief get his first deer of the season and it's the first deer we took from that area after hunting there several times year after year.

I think the thing that kept us coming back there was the fact that we had seen a few monsters in there and a lot of sign but never got to harvest one until today.

IMG_7692.JPG

I've only been out twice this year sadly, due to work, and school. Slept in late, walked in the woods at 11:58, deer was down at 12:06.

Since I haven't been hunting as much, figured I'd get what I could get, have some meat. 110gr Hornday VMax does some damage. Ole buddy took about 3 steps and tumbled. Great terminal ballistics.

View attachment 974738
I've only been out twice this year sadly, due to work, and school. Slept in late, walked in the woods at 11:58, deer was down at 12:06.

Since I haven't been hunting as much, figured I'd get what I could get, have some meat. 110gr Hornday VMax does some damage. Ole buddy took about 3 steps and tumbled. Great terminal ballistics.

Congrats.
Probably looked
Like a monster from the tree.

Back
Top Bottom