• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/18 Deer Hunt

2.5 year old 8 pointer showed up

34291.jpeg

Made it out for the last hour of shooting light and saw 3. One I couldn’t get a good enough look at to know their preferred pronoun but other was a small 4 point hot on the trail of a doe. With the temps dropping and love in the air I think we should see some good activity this weekend.

Fingers crossed I can break some poor cold bucks love sick heart and bring him home to a nice warm frying pan with a good gravy blanket

A big Doe came into the field from the woods like she had something behind her: I watched her when she first cleared the trees at about 115 yards but she never stopped moving.

She came straight towards the box stand I was in until she was so close that I could no longer see her: & then she started blowing at me.

The 6 came into view in the same spot she did so I assume he was hot on her tail & she wasn’t cooperating.

He kept eating acorns & then started easing towards us.

I really wanted the doe but she was too close, & if I stood up to see her I risked loosing the chance to take either of them.

When the 7-08 went off I saw the shoulder of the 6 wiggle: he almost lost his balance but was able to run in a half circle for about 40 yards before going tail over teakettle.

Honestly as he cleared the terrace I though I saw him slip between the 2 old trailers & questioned my shot, until I got down.

7578290dd99c2e22f04ee5d80dd656eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom