• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/10 Hunt

Congrats y’all! Still not a thing here in Haralson. Very surprised at the little activity last two dates
I appreciate it CK. I had a buddy of mine texting me this morning (he was hunting in another part of Polk County south of me but north of you) and he didn't have any action. The moon phase and weather being what they have been this week, I am surprised at the activity I was fortunate enough to encounter while hunting. After this weather clears tonight and tomorrow, it is supposed to be in 20s come Saturday morning (last I saw). Prayerfully if you can get in the woods, hopefully you will get the opportunity to fill your freezer 🙏 good luck sir.

Gees, what a morning. Sit there a minute and you'll have a buck too.....Congrats
Lol, I totally agree, it was an awesome hunt! I sat for 30 minutes after the doe went down but nothing else came in. Temp was rising a bit and I wanted to get her taken care of. Funny thing, when I climbed down, there were 5 deer 50-60 yards behind my stand. They ran a short distance and then started blowing at me (which I hate, lol!) Thankully none of them presented a shot cause if they had, I may have had some more dragging to do 🤣. Thx BT

Congrats Bama21 Bama21 !
I really wasn't feeling it this morning because of the wind, but went anyway.
Saw 7 total. A big 6, decent 8, a spike, and 4 does. Didn't pull the trigger...
Probably would have on that last doe, but I was gathering up my gear to get down and she saw me 1st.
A brother of mine that didn't go had to dress a 10 pointer his dad shot this morning on their farm in Oglethorpe.
That was a nice big buck!

The Coyote slipped up the ridge through some thick stuff and gave me a 50 yard shot, DRT!

I begin to contemplate whether to go and move the yote because of smell as I didn't want to ruin the rest of my deer hunt. While I was rolling the idea around, 7 does came walking up game trail to the north and I was able to harvest the biggest girl in the stack! She dropped on the spot and was about 15 yards away from where the yote was laying.

Altogether, a really awesome morning in the woods! Thanking the Lord for His blessings again 🙌✝️🙌

I'm really starting to like this 6.8 SPC 🙂

View attachment 4943896View attachment 4943901View attachment 4943902
Nice job!!!!

Congrats Bama21 Bama21 !
I really wasn't feeling it this morning because of the wind, but went anyway.
Saw 7 total. A big 6, decent 8, a spike, and 4 does. Didn't pull the trigger...
Probably would have on that last doe, but I was gathering up my gear to get down and she saw me 1st.
A brother of mine that didn't go had to dress a 10 pointer his dad shot this morning on their farm in Oglethorpe.
That was a nice big buck!
Thx 7pt62. For some reason, I have always wanted to harvest a big 6, but haven't gotten the chance as of yet.
Nice job!!!!
I appreciate it BP

The Coyote slipped up the ridge through some thick stuff and gave me a 50 yard shot, DRT!

I begin to contemplate whether to go and move the yote because of smell as I didn't want to ruin the rest of my deer hunt. While I was rolling the idea around, 7 does came walking up game trail to the north and I was able to harvest the biggest girl in the stack! She dropped on the spot and was about 15 yards away from where the yote was laying.

Altogether, a really awesome morning in the woods! Thanking the Lord for His blessings again 🙌✝️🙌

I'm really starting to like this 6.8 SPC 🙂

View attachment 4943896View attachment 4943901View attachment 4943902
Way to go brotha! Definitely looks like it was a great hunt.

Lol, I totally agree, it was an awesome hunt! I sat for 30 minutes after the doe went down but nothing else came in. Temp was rising a bit and I wanted to get her taken care of. Funny thing, when I climbed down, there were 5 deer 50-60 yards behind my stand. They ran a short distance and then started blowing at me (which I hate, lol!) Thankully none of them presented a shot cause if they had, I may have had some more dragging to do 🤣. Thx BT
Congrats, certainly a good day. Yea, I hate it when I'm getting blown at. I much prefer to slip in and out undetected. At least uneventful

Back
Top Bottom