• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10mm opinions and reviews...

I have no interest in a compact, daily-carry pistol in 10mm.

I'd rather have a gun that has less recoil, and most importantly less muzzle rise,
so I can shoot fast and stay on target.

Also, in real-world self-defense situations, one-handed shooting may be a necessity, so I want a gun with moderate recoil for that reason as well.

To me, a 10mm pistol is a great duty gun for cops, a great "open carry, outside your waist" gun, and a good hiking companion where dangerous animals are around the woods and fields. But only when the gun itself is full sized with a decent barrel length and sight radius.

P.S. At a time when I owned a full sized .45 pistol and a medium sized .40S S&W pistol,
when I wanted my first sub-compact carry gun, I could have gotten it in either of those calibers, too.
I didn't. I tested some really small .45ACP's and .40's, as well as 9mm pistols in that size.
I chose the 9mm for my daily carry very small gun, because it was more controllable in rapid fire
and I could shoot it quicker and with more confidence one-handed.
And I considered the 9mm clearly inferior to the others in shot-per-shot stopping power.
But stopping power isn't the only factor to consider.

So, there are a couple new compact 10's from Springfield and Smith. Of course, you also have the Glock 29. I am considering all for adoption but would like to know what everyone thinks. Which one do you like if any? Do you have another model in 10 you like better?

I'll hang up and listen.
I have all the Glocks and 10 mm the 29 the 20 and the model 40 I do not think the model 20 short frame is a compact handgun the 29 is and I love it I added trijicon night sights. It holds 11 rounds stop for compact but it will also carry the 15 round clips I carry a concealed with 11 but I also carry a 15 round clip it's a gray caliber I even have a Hi-Point arms carbine in that caliber I like It also I also don't shoot cheap ammunition in them there are a lot more potent with the good stuff any other questions give me a holler I'll help you out
So, there are a couple new compact 10's from Springfield and Smith. Of course, you also have the Glock 29. I am considering all for adoption but would like to know what everyone thinks. Which one do you like if any? Do you have another model in 10 you like better?

I'll hang up and listen.

I have a Remington R1 Hunter long slide in 10mm. After I rebuilt with Wilson Combat bullet proof parts I love it. Of course the extra weight at the muzzle mitagates muzzle rise a bit it's still my favorite handgun by far. They have got punch for sho!

10mm is waaaaaaaaaay over-rated, and that is if you buy full 10mm loads or roll your own. If you buy ammo off the shelf at Academy or the likes, it is a joke of a cartridge.

So to answer the question about which gun to purchase, it really doesn't matter.
I’m the only one rates my ammo. None of mine have been overrated

It hits harder than a 9mm and the recoil is heavier buy far. The 9mm is so weak they teach a double tap to the chest and one to the head. I have shot the 9mm side by side up against the 10mm and the effects on hard and soft targets is noticably more devastating.

I have no interest in a compact, daily-carry pistol in 10mm.

I'd rather have a gun that has less recoil, and most importantly less muzzle rise,
so I can shoot fast and stay on target.

Also, in real-world self-defense situations, one-handed shooting may be a necessity, so I want a gun with moderate recoil for that reason as well.

To me, a 10mm pistol is a great duty gun for cops, a great "open carry, outside your waist" gun, and a good hiking companion where dangerous animals are around the woods and fields. But only when the gun itself is full sized with a decent barrel length and sight radius.
Yep.

As the proud owner of a Ruger 10mm, and former owner of a Colt, IMO a short barreled 10mm is going to produce about he same performance as a hot .40, assuming you go to the trouble, and can find the hot .40 loads.

I have a Sig 220 Elite with 5" barrel. Heavy gun but soaks up recoil even with hot loads and is fantastically accurate. I use it for hunting primarily. Love the 10mm but you lose a lot with a shorter barrel. A Glock 27 in .40 will do everything the 10 will in that barrel length.

Back
Top Bottom