• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

10/8 Hunt

Had a doe directly on under my feet. It walk behind me to cross the creek so I turn around to take a shot and at the same time I shot my climber fell. Needless to say I missed and the doe ran about 50 ft and stared at me dangling from the tree and then walked off. Nothing hurts besides my elbow and ego lol
Glad you ok—- safety brother——no deer worth life changing event——
please folks check your stands and climbers i have help get two out of woods from falls.one made it other was dead at base of tree.

Any updates?

We waited 30 minutes before the journey, the blood trail was great. At least 10 more blood marks along a trail. Three of us trying to locate our deer. After two hours we had to shut it down. She impressively has resiliency to go. The shot was good full pass thru, bolt and broadhead recovered. We was getting into other marked private land. A full morning of hunting and tracking were done.

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_2739.jpeg
    IMG_2739.jpeg
    519.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2738.jpeg
    IMG_2738.jpeg
    494.7 KB · Views: 32
We waited 30 minutes before the journey, the blood trail was great. At least 10 more blood marks along a trail. Three of us trying to locate our deer. After two hours we had to shut it down. She impressively has resiliency to go. The shot was good full pass thru, bolt and broadhead recovered. We was getting into other marked private land. A full morning of hunting and tracking were done.

Thanks,
She dead that looks like lung

Thanks,
Well dang. I put an arrow through a nice buck several years ago and never found him. He showed up on camera 3 weeks later. Hopefully the doe will be the same way.

Thanks,
I would guess high lung those blotches of blood are probably from her coughing it up the body cavity will have to fill to make a blood trail

Back
Top Bottom