• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

10/31 Halloween Hunt

Vincent Vega

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
439   0
Reaction score
Yesterday's hunt was slow. Saw 2 from the stand yesterday morning. Nothing worth raising the rifle for. Yesterday afternoon only saw one 4 or 6 pointer out looking for love.

Hoping to handout some trick or treats to some deer later. If you're heading out, good luck and stay safe.

Well things got a little interesting about an hour ago. I thought there were a couple of squirrels being unusually loud down in a thick bottom I'm hunting over. Turned out to be two small bucks fighting. They were pushing each other around pretty good and about that time boss buck walked underneath my stand and down the hill to break it up. His entire right antler and most of his left were missing and he had a 6 inch scar on his back. I wish I could have gotten a look at him a few weeks ago. Otherwise a quiet, beautiful morning.

40312.jpeg

Well things got a little interesting about an hour ago. I thought there were a couple of squirrels being unusually loud down in a thick bottom I'm hunting over. Turned out to be two small bucks fighting. They were pushing each other around pretty good and about that time boss buck walked underneath my stand and down the hill to break it up. His entire right antler and most of his left were missing and he had a 6 inch scar on his back. I wish I could have gotten a look at him a few weeks ago. Otherwise a quiet, beautiful morning.

View attachment 6415035
And you didn't take him??

Back
Top Bottom