• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

10/22s... Ok, I get it now

Brimstone Tier 3 trigger work.

Re crown the factory barrel. Que over in Alabama used to charge $45 to do this.

Take brake cleaner to the inside of the receiver, polish out all the rough casting/overspray grit.

Right around $110 spent.

Most of mine done this way hang with my heavily customized/aftermarket barrel/stock ones.

I've been shooting my grandpas's bone stock Ruger 10/22 with a tasco 4x for years. Love this gun. I did a couple mods to it but kept it pretty tasteful to keep the classic feel. Now I've got kids and nephews getting into shooting and I'm setting up some rifles for them.

HOLY CRAP. There is so much f-ing stuff you can do with a 10/22. I never understood how people go nuts over them but I totally get it now. I'm still sticking to the factory receivers, bolts, and barrels so far but I already have some upgrade parts on order and will have some new chassis / stocks soon. These rifles are definitely on par with ARs for customization.

Shout-outs to Gadgetsrfun Gadgetsrfun , @6Bones, and yahnt2 yahnt2 . Just some great ODTers / humans that have already helped me out a ton in this effort.

It's about the only round that regular folks can afford to shoot right now. I, like a lot of folks on here are holding on to any 308 and 223 rounds they have as those rounds are too expensive to target practice with right now.

Most people make the mistake of buying a 10/22 and replacing all of the parts until you have an entire gun worth of parts in the parts bin. Just buy the parts individually and assemble it from the ground up. You'll save the cost of a new, bone stock 10/22/
It depends on what the final product is going to be but if you're not focused you'll definitely end up with a disassembled gun in the bin.

Brimstone Tier 3 trigger work.

Re crown the factory barrel. Que over in Alabama used to charge $45 to do this.

Take brake cleaner to the inside of the receiver, polish out all the rough casting/overspray grit.

Right around $110 spent.

Most of mine done this way hang with my heavily customized/aftermarket barrel/stock ones.

I recently had a tier 3 job done, I already had a tier 2 in another gun. After shipping, etc....the tier 3 is only 30 cheaper when all said and done as the tier 2....I should have just gotten another tier 2.

could get bx triggers cheaper than a tier 3 job. I just dont see the value of the tier 3 compared to other options out there.

Sure am glad I never got caught up in this 10/22 foolishness!

IMG_20210404_093016353.jpg

the Ruger 10/22's are so popular and (and have been
for at least the last 40 years)
that an air gun company has come up with a .177 caliber
pellet gun version of the 10/22 rifle.
8E1BFF76-A21B-4877-8AA2-F9EE30EC3DA2.jpeg

It's the subject of an article in the May 2021 issue
of guns & ammo magazine.

Back
Top Bottom