10/22 Iron Sights: Advice / Suggestions needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rommel

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
I'm guessing most 10/22 owners have come across this dilemma before as I have several times: to scope or not to scope. With every 10/22 I've ever owned it seemed as by the the time I had mounted a scope (even with a generous rise) with the implementation of the supplied Ruger Scope base there is just no sight picture left over for the iron sights. After viewing many products (sights and scope ring sets) available from Midway and Brownell's and seeing various reviews on each I would just like to get some advice / suggestions from them members here.

Has anyone found a set of scope rings or a set-up that will work well the 10/22 so that a scope and iron-sights can be used?

Concerning after-market sights (specifically high visibility) has anyone found a set that they really enjoyed and have held up well?

How did your set-up turn out for you? I see where a lot of reviews state that "I could not get the iron sights to line up with the scope at any distance" or the "elevation adjustment bottomed out". Maybe my goals are a little different. I just need a good, quality scope ring set that will allow for accurate shots and will still allow me to use my iron sights at distances up to say 50 yds minimum. I just would like for once to be able to have a set of usable iron sights for the squirrel, varmit, etc. that decides he's going to pop up at a close range or a low light situation. One rifle to do the job you could say, instead of a scoped rifle and a similar calibered sidearm.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom