• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

10/22 custom build thread

superduty4wd

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
76   0
Reaction score
Lets see what great ideas everyone has. Try to include as much as you can about the various internal and external parts and how well the gun shoots.

original 10/22 carbine
keystone arms 16.5" threaded barrel blue (KSA)
leupold rifleman rings and base
Nikon prostaff target EFR for 22's
ruger oem laminate grey bull barrel stock
M115 front hole threaded muzzle brake (ebay)
Homebrew trigger job
6 Bx-25 magazines
plano all weather case (walmart 60$)

My gun loves the Remington golden bullets and federal 550's

Attachments

• 20131128_201317.jpg
    20131128_201317.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 20131118_164236.jpg
    20131118_164236.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20131118_164251.jpg
    20131118_164251.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 43
Stock Ruger receiver and trigger pack
Self done trigger job
Radius'd bolt
Self done auto bolt release
Boyds thumbhole stock in chestnut
Green mountain bull barrel 18" threaded and fluted
Gunsmither V block

just got mine all together - having issues - light strike - ftf - wont fire with mag in - its not the ammo - taking ftf rounds and dropping then in my sig mosquito and they go bang - so im thinking maybe an alignment issue were the bolt is not closing all he way down on barrel face - or maybe a trigger issue - not sure - i guess ill take back apart and see - load mag - load rifle - pull trigger - no go - drop mag - pull bolt back release - goes bang - using ruger oem 10 & 25 round mags - battledyne - butler creek - running cci mini mags 36 and 40 grn - all the same results -

nice build superduty4wd

just got mine all together - having issues - light strike - ftf - wont fire with mag in - its not the ammo - taking ftf rounds and dropping then in my sig mosquito and they go bang - so im thinking maybe an alignment issue were the bolt is not closing all he way down on barrel face - or maybe a trigger issue - not sure - i guess ill take back apart and see - load mag - load rifle - pull trigger - no go - drop mag - pull bolt back release - goes bang - using ruger oem 10 & 25 round mags - battledyne - butler creek - running cci mini mags 36 and 40 grn - all the same results -

nice build superduty4wd

Try it again with the mag in, look where the bolt stops, then push the handle forward. Does it move? If not drop the mag and see if the bolt moved.

My guess would be the screws of your base are to long and dragging on the bolt when the mag is in.

nice build superduty4wd

Thanks, I had some of the same issues years ago on another 10/22. I used some lapping compound on the bolt contact points then cleaned and put some graphite powder in the same places. Fixed my problem and graphite came from the key department at lowes.

checked the bolt it is closing all the way - im thinking my trigger is not woking correctly and breaking correctly on pin so im not getting a fire - trigger seems like a dead pull now that im messing with it more - pull trigger it has a dead pull then its clicking on its return - plus i here no pin dropping in bolt mech - hmmmm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom