10-20 hunt

View attachment 2879593 View attachment 2879594 200 yards last light from ridge to ridge with the 300 win mag.

Got in my stand late.
These deer blew at me, made a big circle and crossed in front of me on next ridge thinking they were safe.
I had a 6” window to make it happen between some vines about 50 yard from me.
Deer went down like a sledge hammer.
Pulled all the power I could from the vortex viper and with the 50mm objective I had excellent light and detail.
With the Naked eye all I saw was a couple dark blobs.
Nice!!!

I don't take bow and gun, just one or the other during rifle season. I opted for the bow this morning. Taking the rifle tomorrow a.m.

I’m back in the office today through Friday, although I might be able to get home in time for an hr to hr and a half hunt before dark, depending on what kinda week it turns out to be. If today was any indication of how the rest of the week will turn out, I don’t have my hopes up for the afternoon hunts at this point. Glad to see some of you are able to go and having some luck! Keep it up and keep those of us who are working updated on how the rest of the week goes.

That 300 mag looks like it blew her shoulder apart lol

Close.
I was able to drag the deer with that arm without it coming off so it was definitely still intact.

I was using 150 gr loads for deer but I’ve seen 300 WM hot loads just blow the entire exit side out of a deer.
Yeah I went with this caliber because I want to make sure when I hit ‘em I hit ‘em good and they don’t go far.
Everyone I talked to that uses them for deer says it’s the best deer caliber they’ve ever used cause they drop like a hammer.

Back
Top Bottom