• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

“Tactical” AR Thread

A BAD lever and optic mounted on the rail...is this a troll attempt?

My attention was more drawn to the crap optic and BUIS. For a guy who is so worried about fitment between up and lower "for maximum accuracy", he sure doesn't put much into the sighting system.

Worried about fitment between upper and lower for maximum accuracy....uses 10 MOA budget optic. Makes perfect sense.

My attention was more drawn to the crap optic and BUIS. For a guy who is so worried about fitment between up and lower "for maximum accuracy", he sure doesn't put much into the sighting system.

Worried about fitment between upper and lower for maximum accuracy....uses 10 MOA budget optic. Makes perfect sense.
That's all I need for that gun. It sits in the safe and I only take it out every six months or so. I run 10 to 20 rounds and it's always on. It has never deviated from where I left it a couple of years ago. Now my target guns get the treatment. Vortex scopes, iron sights and money is no issue on those guns. I know of at least two police force units that use that same red dot. The last time I talked to him all of the officers had sold there high dollar sight in favor of the Sight Mark optics. It works for them and they have no complaints. I will see if I can get a hold of him and let him tell you himself. Sometimes good things don't have to cost a lot. Steve at SR Armory can verify this. He was selling those sights for a great price and I set there and talked to a swat officer that ran one on his SBR. He was there buying another for a different rifle. Is it a Aim Point? Hell no but it fits the bill for what I want. Like I said before I have be running them for five years and I have not had one failure. To me that's good enough to keep on a SD gun sitting in the safe. Lord knows I have abused a few of them and they stayed right where they were suppose to be. If you haven't tried one then don't let your pie hole over floweth with filling.

That's all I need for that gun. It sits in the safe and I only take it out every six months or so. I run 10 to 20 rounds and it's always on. It has never deviated from where I left it a couple of years ago. Now my target guns get the treatment. Vortex scopes, iron sights and money is no issue on those guns. I know of at least two police force units that use that same red dot. The last time I talked to him all of the officers had sold there high dollar sight in favor of the Sight Mark optics. It works for them and they have no complaints. I will see if I can get a hold of him and let him tell you himself. Sometimes good things don't have to cost a lot. Steve at SR Armory can verify this. He was selling those sights for a great price and I set there and talked to a swat officer that ran one on his SBR. He was there buying another for a different rifle. Is it a Aim Point? Hell no but it fits the bill for what I want. Like I said before I have be running them for five years and I have not had on failure. To me that good enough to keep on a SD gun sitting in the safe. Lord knows I have abused a few of them and they stayed right where they were suppose to be. If you haven't tried one then don't let your pie hole over floweth with filling.

Oh, I've owned them. They are ok for a 10 MOA budget optic.

It will shoot holes touching each other at 50 yards. That's what I have the gun set up for. Those sights are perfect for that. It's good for now. I am actually planning on replacing that red dot with a true 1 power 1-8x30 scope so I can use it for a red dot and have some range. Even though I like what's on it the gun is way to accurate to just be shooing 50 yards. So a good scope like that will be just what it needs.

I have most of the big parts to finish two more builds I have going so after those I will be upgrading the rifles I have now. That includes the holo sight on the SBR. The 1-8x24 or 30 just sounds to good to pass up. Having the best of both worlds is just a option i can't do without.

It will shoot holes touching each other at 50 yards. That's what I have the gun set up for. Those sights are perfect for that. It's good for now. I am actually planning on replacing that red dot with a true 1 power 1-8x30 scope so I can use it for a red dot and have some range. Even though I like what's on it the gun is way to accurate to just be shooing 50 yards. So a good scope like that will be just what it needs.

I have most of the big parts to finish two more builds I have going so after those I will be upgrading the rifles I have now. That includes the holo sight on the SBR. The 1-8x24 or 30 just sounds to good to pass up. Having the best of both worlds is just a option i can't do without.

I am a huge fan of 1-4, 1-6, 1-8x optics. Honestly I hate Eotechs so the sight mark being a knock off I hate that much more. I can hit man sized targets with an eotech, but I couldn't group for crap at any distance with one.

Oh, I've owned them. They are ok for a 10 MOA budget optic.
They have four different settings. The red dot is two MOA. It will group damn good for what it is. At 50 yards it will group like nobody's business. I tried shooting my friends Eotech and I couldn't hit a dam thing with it. It had to in line with the iron sights or I got nothing. That's what I like about mine it doesn't have to be anywhere near the flip up sites to be on target. I hated the Eotech.

This is what I like about mine. A big sight window with very little going on around the lens.
maxresdefault.jpg

And you don't have to have the irons sights up to be on target. No matter where the dot is in that window if it is on target it will hit where it sits. Also the bottom part of the sight sit low enough to the gun that it isn't a hindrance. The closer it is to your eyes the larger the field of view and the perimeter of the site almost disappears.

Back
Top Bottom