• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

“Sovereign Citizen” sentenced for illegal firearm possession

I knew a guy here in ATL about 25 years ago, smart enough, had a good job, nice guy, but he claimed he didn't have a SS number, never paid taxes, flew under the "radar", etc. Don't know what ever happened to him.....good or bad.

When I was prosecuting felonies for the DA's office,
we had a Sovereign Citizen claim that because he spelled his name in lowercase letters, he was a "natural man" not a 'corporate man' and therefore the corporate body of law of the United States didn't apply to him.

He said that the only law he answered to was 16th century admiralty law of England and Europe-- which did not make it a crime to forge checks or have fake identification cards.

The judge appointed a lawyer for him, and the lawyer moved for a mental health evaluation. I don't think he passed it, because I never had to deal with his case again. He surely would've gone to prison if he weren't insane, though.

When I was prosecuting felonies for the DA's office,
we had a Sovereign Citizen claim that because he spelled his name in lowercase letters, he was a "natural man" not a 'corporate man' and therefore the corporate body of law of the United States didn't apply to him.

He said that the only law he answered to was 16th century admiralty law of England and Europe-- which did not make it a crime to forge checks or have fake identification cards.

The judge appointed a lawyer for him, and the lawyer moved for a mental health evaluation. I don't think he passed it, because I never had to deal with his case again. He surely would've gone to prison if he weren't insane, though.
lol. Now there's a new one. From here on out, I am 'geauxlsu'.

Back
Top Bottom