• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

—Star Wars: The Last Jedi— discussion *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Interesting. For me Rogue One is one of the best of the entire series. I thought the characters were well developed and the story telling was strong. Mostly, I like that the entire was based entirely off a single line from "A New Hope".

20171225_180024.jpg

Yep, we have Star Wars paper towels.

saw it over the weekend and both me and the fiance really liked it. was surprised how much she liked it as she normally falls asleep during movies and made jokes about falling asleep during this one but for this she watched the whole thing full attention at the edge of her seat so tahts always a good sign .

Interested to see it. I enjoyed The Force Awakens as a stand alone movie, but was wondering how they'd get it to make the start of a good trilogy.
If you think about it though, “A New Hope” could really be a stand alone movie too. It ends with the Death Star being destroyed and Han Solo having a change of heart and putting himself on the line to save his new friends.

The only loose end that movie really left was the fact that Darth Vader wasn’t killed when the Death Star exploded.

Rogue One has to be the most overrated star wars movie. It's just not that good!

I don't understand why Rogue One was even a movie. Wasn't it something like the equivalent of Episode 4.2?

I think the biggest problem with Rogue One was that none of the characters were memorable or even that likable. I had no emotional investment in that movie at all.

I liked rogue one because they can't make a rogue 2

Interesting. For me Rogue One is one of the best of the entire series. I thought the characters were well developed and the story telling was strong. Mostly, I like that the entire was based entirely off a single line from "A New Hope".
I think “Rogue One” would actually be considered “Episode 3.5”
:pound:

The problem that movie faced was trying to introduce us to a whole new cast of characters that we all knew were probably going to be dead by the end of the movie because none of them were in “A New Hope”.

I liked the movie because it showed us how Princess Leia came into possession of the plans for Death Star #1 and it explained why there was such a glaring weakness built into the Death Star that would allow a small one-man fighter to destroy the whole thing with a single proton torpedo.

The last few minutes where we see Darth Vader kicking butt and then see the plans handed off to Leia made the price of admission totally worth it to me.

Back
Top Bottom