• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Defensive Shotgun Optics

-scooter-

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
30   0
Reaction score
I have two shotguns that I am considering putting optics on and needed some feedback of what I should consider for this scenario.

Remington 870 Tactical
Beretta A400 Ultima Patrol

Any recommendations for red/green dots out there that would pair well with either of these? Thanks I’m advance!

I've been happy with the Acro P-2 in a Scalarworks SYNC mount on my Beretta A300. Though it's currently out of stock, it was cheaper to buy them as a package deal from Scalarworks

I've been playing with an Aimpoint Micro on one of my guns and I'm liking it a lot. It's the same optic that I run on my AR's.

A shotgun is not like a Claymore mine where you just follow the instructions of "front towards enemy."

Beyond spitting distance, they need to be aimed. Or in daylight --pointed by sighting across the top of the barrel. But in low light you're not going to be able to point it that way.

A 10" spread of buckshot pellets at 50 feet is the kind of pattern that would really do a lot of damage to an adversary if it's well centered, but if your aim is 10 inches off target when you pull the trigger...

... now you're looking at either a complete miss or one or two pellets just grazing your adversary as they fly past.

Back
Top Bottom