• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Senior Friendly Bird Shoot

Flatblack79

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
1   0
Reaction score
Trying to find a place that does bird shoots (dove, pheasant etc) that would be accessible for my elderly father in-law. He is 76 and was an avid upland bird hunter/ dog trainer in his younger years. He's mentioned numerous times in the last few months of how he'd like to go if he could walk better. He can walk just not far at once. So im trying to find a place that my brother in-law and myself could surprise him to go to a shoot. Thanks for any suggestions.

Yep….heck, I’m not that old yet and got to where I can’t walk that well anymore (physical damage) - I wish sometimes I could find a place to go where I didn’t feel crowded out or gawked at but just be able to shoot and all !
Good luck to y’all….( if I run into something I will keep y’all in the loop !)

might want to check into any of the central/south ga 'plantations' for continental style shoots. Not really 'hunting' but plenty fun. When I was at Burnt Pine we would be in the middle of a field up on a knoll with privet/bamboo for some cover and release couple hundred pheasants and shooters would be around the knoll pretty much like a clockface. Every so often the shooters would rotate. Not lots of walking but plenty of shooting.

might want to check into any of the central/south ga 'plantations' for continental style shoots. Not really 'hunting' but plenty fun. When I was at Burnt Pine we would be in the middle of a field up on a knoll with privet/bamboo for some cover and release couple hundred pheasants and shooters would be around the knoll pretty much like a clockface. Every so often the shooters would rotate. Not lots of walking but plenty of shooting.
Thats the type of shoots im looking for. I know he wont be able to go walking through a field trying to wrestle up some birds. It may not be "hunting" but itll give his trigger finger something to do.

Big Red Oak is about an hour drive from Griffin.

Old Hudson Plantation is about an hour and a half away from Griffin.

Back
Top Bottom