• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Out of state deer hunt pics..

Shads

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
Slack-jawwed Booger-eatin Redneck
64   0
Reaction score
So last week, I booked my first out of state deer hunt for this coming season. Headed to southwest Texas. First time ever hunting outside the state lines of Georgia. I wanted to see some pics of y'all's encounters and/or trophies from out of state hunts. Post em up!

Guided ,what size can you kill ,I have a friend that goes somewhere in s Texas 160 around 6 g and 160 + around and up to 25 g
Last year he killed 160 cost 5800 his brother killed a 189 it was 9800 he said they were some freaks that would score 225-250 that were 25 g
I have another friend that goes with a company as a guest that can kill up to 150 he said he learned to kill it the start with and they would let him shoot does rest of trip.
Just find out up front what is expected and have a great trip.they say you will see more bucks in a day than you will see In a lifetime in ga.

No point posting photos of SC, which is just like Georgia but 40 minutes further from my house.

Does in ND, I swear, look like they weigh as much as a Georgia shooter buck. Colder the climate, seems the bigger the bodies. I don’t know why South Texas deer have big racks, but they do.

Guided ,what size can you kill ,I have a friend that goes somewhere in s Texas 160 around 6 g and 160 + around and up to 25 g
Last year he killed 160 cost 5800 his brother killed a 189 it was 9800 he said they were some freaks that would score 225-250 that were 25 g
I have another friend that goes with a company as a guest that can kill up to 150 he said he learned to kill it the start with and they would let him shoot does rest of trip.
Just find out up front what is expected and have a great trip.they say you will see more bucks in a day than you will see In a lifetime in ga.
Yes sir guided. It's priced in tiers per inches. You can change your mind on the size of buck you want to shoot while in the stand, up or down. Sounds pretty laid back. There's high fence sections and free range sections. I know a few folks that have gone there and no complaints from anyone

You'll have fun and see plenty of bucks. Rattling after the new moon in December can be amazing if not down right dangerous if your by yourself.

Me and a buddy went to Ozona Tx (below san Angelo)several years back on a free range hunt. G&G Outfitters
Saw tons of deer from the stands on every sit, hunted morning and evening overlooking senderos. Was a 7 day hunt.
The guide told us to not shoot the first good one we see but my buddy killed a nice 8 pointer the first morning right at first light. I waited and got a 10 pointer the very last afternoon right before dark. Had an awesome time. I'll see if I can find some pics.

Your thread got me thinking.i know everyone would be different what would my buck of choice would be if I went on a hunt.
I think me personally would be one with a lot of stickers on a 10 pt frame or one with drops

Back
Top Bottom