• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this a bobcat or mountain lion on trail camera in cartersville?

100% house cat

I’m a professional predator trapper in Georgia. There are no wild large cats besides bobcats anywhere in Georgia.

I agree that what is in the photo is a domesticated cat. However, I have seen a dark, almost black cat the size of a Belgian Malinois during the late 90’s in Pickens County. It had a long tail and was definitely not a bobcat. I’ve seen several bobcats in the wild in the Chattahoochee Natl Forest.

I agree that what is in the photo is a domesticated cat. However, I have seen a dark, almost black cat the size of a Belgian Malinois during the late 90’s in Pickens County. It had a long tail and was definitely not a bobcat. I’ve seen several bobcats in the wild in the Chattahoochee Natl Forest.

Big house cats?
There is no such species as a black panther.
I have however seen a few escaped exotics over the years.
Saw a monkey in Floyd County, and have trail cam pics of an African Caracal down by Macon. Was almost hired to trap it. But the landowner decided to just let it stay. lol…

Just to show yall
There was a massive bobcat walking around near my house in cartersville
We’re surrounded by a few hundred empty acres
( he’s on my driveway here )
If anyone wants to come trap here , I have access to 60 acres
IMG_3836.png

100% house cat

I’m a professional predator trapper in Georgia. There are no wild large cats besides bobcats anywhere in Georgia.

I might have to disagree with you here....with my own two eyes I saw a Mt lion at my parents property in the Ball Ground area about three years ago a crossing their drive. It was at night. I was driving on the drive, and it crossed the drive in plain sight only 15 feet away....turned and looked at the car as it crossed. I'm no stranger to larger cats and can identify them and the exotic ones too.

Sorry guys no pictures.....and I know...I know....no pictures means it didn't happen!!!...but it did.

I might have to disagree with you here....with my own two eyes I saw a Mt lion at my parents property in the Ball Ground area about three years ago a crossing their drive. It was at night. I was driving on the drive, and it crossed the drive in plain sight only 15 feet away....turned and looked at the car as it crossed. I'm no stranger to larger cats and can identify them and the exotic ones too.

Sorry guys no pictures.....and I know...I know....no pictures means it didn't happen!!!...but it did.

I’m assuming you are pulling my leg.
That’s exactly the same as the most common Bigfoot story as well. lol…

But truthfully. There aren’t any here.

Back
Top Bottom