• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zippety Doo Dah Dammit again

The Texas game warden show on tv is pretty awesome.

https://georgiawildlife.com/sick-injured-or-orphaned-wildlife

We have been to a rehabilitator over that way. The girls got to feed 15 of them one year.
Yeah, well, sound advice after the fact. Baby was dragged out into an open field and in the lake mud by the time I got to her. I would have left her if there hadn't been so much trauma going on.
I know better but I don't always make the rules around here either

Down here working at the shop and I get a phone call. Dogs are attacking a baby deer. Jump in the truck head over to the N 40 and there it is. Now, I am thoroughly opposed to shooting dogs just for being on my property (Yotes being the exception) but they were attacking a fawn. Unzipped one dog, and I feel bad about it but hey, it's done now.
This has been a couple hours ago. I got the baby and put her up in an open side of a barn. Set up a predator call on distressed fawn thinking maybe mom would come back.
I also have two little girls, after that didn't work for an hour or so, they decided it was going to need feeding. Nature taking it's course is not a thing around here, not because of me, but because I love my girls. So we're going to leave it in the back yard near the porch and try to feed it. It's not bleeding bad but acts like it can't walk.
I'm no deer amateur, much less an expert, but I don't know if it just hasn't started walking yet. It does not appear to be broken.
Anyway, they got goat formula and I guess we'll see where this goes.
Anybody rescue deer? Yes, I am aware that it is not lawfully proper but whatever. You'd be a real son of a ***** to do anything about it.
Baby deer
View attachment 3335425

We have mama deer in the yard every day and hope this thing will skiddadle with one this evening.
View attachment 3335426
Awe!!! I want one.

I'm in the "country" too...my vet does several every fawning season, he also knows many more that can and do....unless you really secretly just WANT to do it yourself...carry on then
I do not, just out here in farm country vets aren't looking for charity work

Down here working at the shop and I get a phone call. Dogs are attacking a baby deer. Jump in the truck head over to the N 40 and there it is. Now, I am thoroughly opposed to shooting dogs just for being on my property (Yotes being the exception) but they were attacking a fawn. Unzipped one dog, and I feel bad about it but hey, it's done now.
This has been a couple hours ago. I got the baby and put her up in an open side of a barn. Set up a predator call on distressed fawn thinking maybe mom would come back.
I also have two little girls, after that didn't work for an hour or so, they decided it was going to need feeding. Nature taking it's course is not a thing around here, not because of me, but because I love my girls. So we're going to leave it in the back yard near the porch and try to feed it. It's not bleeding bad but acts like it can't walk.
I'm no deer amateur, much less an expert, but I don't know if it just hasn't started walking yet. It does not appear to be broken.
Anyway, they got goat formula and I guess we'll see where this goes.
Anybody rescue deer? Yes, I am aware that it is not lawfully proper but whatever. You'd be a real son of a ***** to do anything about it.
Baby deer
View attachment 3335425

We have mama deer in the yard every day and hope this thing will skiddadle with one this evening.
View attachment 3335426
That's a funny looking dog you got there.

LOL, good on you for trying to help it. If it takes up residence, put a bright colored color on it.

Back
Top Bottom