Zastava pistol M70 in .32 ACP

GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
F9C9965F-B1E5-4266-B0A1-166C7C331AC7.jpeg

Does anyone here have trigger time on a Serbian made ZASTAVA pistol,
M70, a small single-action pistol in 32 ACP caliber also known as 7.65 Browning?

They seem to be a good value for the money at the low $200 price range.
I'm reading that they hold nine rounds of 32 caliber, which is nothing to sneeze at especially for an inexperienced gun owner who can't handle recoil of more potent rounds very well.

I'm going to look up some reviews from online gun magazines and gun bloggers and maybe watch a couple YouTube videos of other peoples' range reports.
But I'm wondering if any fellow ODT members have first-hand experience.

I am very familiar with 7.65 Browning. Various .32 pistols have some slight collectablity. That may change. Just this week, Field and Stream predicted that the .32 ACP round is likely to be discontinued forever and soon. In the last 5 months .32 ACP ammo TRIPLED in retail price. Now going for about $1.50 per round. If you can still find any. A lot more Europeans own 7.65 pistols so my guess that Fiocchi a key Italian ammunition com, would not phase out .32.
The big pressure is on 9mm. So they will probably discontinue calibers like the .32 and use that capacity to make 9mm. Especially for LEA’s.

But yes, This M70 is a hammer fired SAO Semi-automatic. So you would have to have a preference for SAO but I don’t recommend novice shooters start with a single action only pistol. The trigger, in my opinion, is too light for a beginner.

Some single-action pistols have trigger pulls of 6, 7, even 8 lbs.
Have you tried the trigger pull on a Zastava M70?

The cost and availability of ammo wouldn't be much of a concern to a woman who would probably only shoot a box of ammo every few years. She could buy a box now, a few more boxes when the COVID / BLM / BIDEN ammo panic is over. and be set "for life." When no more .32 acp ammo is available anywhere in the USA, the gun can be sold-off to a collector as a curio and relic, if not a bona-fide antique.

No not on the M70 I have a Tanfoglio XEB .32 which is Single Action an the M70 is is the same blow-back related class and my experience is that Single action is preferred to be a light pull. I may be wrong. I have a PA-63 that has at least a 12 pound pull in DA mode. I can’t even pull it with my left hand, but in DA mode it can almost go full-auto with about <2# of pull. Just a pref. Not a caveat.

Back
Top Bottom