• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You've Got $50...You Need a EDC Knife...What Do You Buy??

am i the only one completely unimpressed by kershaw? and as for CRKT, i think their knives generally suck. ive had a few of the tips break on them and their clip hardware is garbage (at least on the fossil model and a few of their "nicer" knives)

you can get a quality knife under $40, but typically the best ones ive seen are the spyderco chinese models like the tenacious or a few blades made with aus8 steel in taiwan. my favorite aus8 steel models are the kabar corser, the cold steel tough lite and the outdoor edge grip lite.

i favor the outdoor edge because it has rubberized grips and fits the hand amazing, plus i hate clips on knives and the rubber grip keep it from sliding out of a pocket

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Outdoo...079799&hash=item4873f8e4dc:g:QmsAAOxyY9VRO6DX
Guess so, I carry my Kershaw every day. It will cut quick and deep, when needed. I have many others but this is my daily carry.

The world is not black and white so to each his/her own.

Guess so, I carry my Kershaw every day. It will cut quick and deep, when needed. I have many others but this is my daily carry.

The world is not black and white so to each his/her own.
they work, im not questioning that, but my experience with them is a big meh and they dont seem to hold an edge for a long time (easy to sharpen though)

i own several, i have a launch 1 and a launch 4; but compared to a protec godson there is alot to be desired i feel like (of course the protec costs 2 times the amount too). also kershaw seems to really like liner lock blades and im not a fan of those so its a personal preference really

crkt and gerber however i just believe to be of poorer quality compared

am i the only one completely unimpressed by kershaw? and as for CRKT, i think their knives generally suck. ive had a few of the tips break on them and their clip hardware is garbage (at least on the fossil model and a few of their "nicer" knives)

you can get a quality knife under $40, but typically the best ones ive seen are the spyderco chinese models like the tenacious or a few blades made with aus8 steel in taiwan. my favorite aus8 steel models are the kabar corser, the cold steel tough lite and the outdoor edge grip lite.

i favor the outdoor edge because it has rubberized grips and fits the hand amazing, plus i hate clips on knives and the rubber grip keep it from sliding out of a pocket

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Outdoo...079799&hash=item4873f8e4dc:g:QmsAAOxyY9VRO6DX

What's the issue with Kershaw? I have to say they have become my go to and I have one in every vehicle, tool box, tackle box and every other drawer in the house by now I believe. They just hit the spot for me on price point, quality, functionality and features and all around bang for the buck. I will say the CRKT stuff is a close second. I personally wont buy offshore stuff if I can find something for the same $$$ that is made here. Got tired of trying to sift through the junk.

What's the issue with Kershaw? I have to say they have become my go to and I have one in every vehicle, tool box, tackle box and every other drawer in the house by now I believe. They just hit the spot for me on price point, quality, functionality and features and all around bang for the buck. I will say the CRKT stuff is a close second. I personally wont buy offshore stuff if I can find something for the same $$$ that is made here. Got tired of trying to sift through the junk.
mostly i dont like liner locks on knives and ive personally found spyderco and a few other brands to be better for the price

i like quality knives at a good pricepoint and only recommend what i have used and carry; i wont sell something im not familiar with nor have a high opinion of. so kershaw isnt bad but i personally dont care for them so even though i could sell them i dont

mostly i dont like liner locks on knives and ive personally found spyderco and a few other brands to be better for the price

i like quality knives at a good pricepoint and only recommend what i have used and carry; i wont sell something im not familiar with nor have a high opinion of. so kershaw isnt bad but i personally dont care for them so even though i could sell them i dont

It's like beer I guess. So many solid choices out there and everyone has a favorite.

Back
Top Bottom