• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You're Just "Paying for the Name"

I've got Yeti, Igloo, Coleman and some no name knock off coolers. If you are just using them as everyday beer coolers, there's not a nickels worth of difference. If you're using them to pack and transport frozen meat or fish the Yeti wins hands down. The other brands of roto-molded coolers may work equally as well, I have no first hand knowledge.
Point being, you have to use the right tools for the job at hand. Coolers, firearms or wrenches, some are fine for casual use and others are more suited to serious applications. YMMV

RTIC hasn’t let me down.

And it's my thread.
Capture+_2021-03-09-11-29-37-1.png

Yes - I buy things for a name. Some names offer confidence with a history of proven performance, QC, CS, reliability, etc. And then there are the other aspects not directly related to function such as value. HK anything tend to go up in value over time. KAC, Noveske, etc.

I do pay for the name, but I get what I am paying for and purchase with intent.

I loved flying on an L1011.... (Joined the Mile-High club on one...LOL)

Took a red eye from Atlanta to Miami once on L1011 - 5 passengers. More attendants than passengers. They told up to put down all the arms, use the seats like a bed, worked, got a reasonably good nights sleep. of course they had a lot less work to do too.

Back
Top Bottom