You're Just "Paying for the Name"

Attachments

• 3A97C134-D48B-4E81-8725-BCFF50FB21C0.png
    3A97C134-D48B-4E81-8725-BCFF50FB21C0.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 3180C55A-3972-45D0-B36A-4FEEE904E11B.png
    3180C55A-3972-45D0-B36A-4FEEE904E11B.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 34
Don't remember the name of the originator, but there is a tool used in the construction industry. The simple project triangle in graphic form, the three vertices represent respectively; quality, budget, and schedule. Cheaper, faster, better, you can have any two. Quality means conformance to standards. Your standards may be different than mine.

Is a Boeing a better airplane than a McDonnell Douglas?? I doubt it. The L1011 was my favorite.
Is a Colt 1911 better than a Norinco 1911? Personally, I have no use for communist Chinese junk.

Boeing merged with McDonnell Douglas in 1997.

But I agree with the whole time, money, quality. Pick any 2

I believe you absolutely are paying for a name. The guarantee of quality control, performance, ergonomics, resale value, etc.. I believe that is with everything that is manufactured and having top notch customer service.

My Mom bought an Electrolux cannister vacuum cleaner back in the 60s. Every year until I moved to GA in 05, a service representative would come to our house and inquire about it. Can't beat that!

Edit: warranty is a big factor too.

I believe you absolutely are paying for a name. The guarantee of quality control, performance, ergonomics, resale value, etc.. I believe that is with everything that is manufactured and having top notch customer service.

My Mom bought an Electrolux cannister vacuum cleaner back in the 60s. Every year until I moved to GA in 05, a service representative would come to our house and inquire about it. Can't beat that!

Edit: warranty is a big factor too.

Yes. My mother always used those Kirby vacuums...built like a tank...she had that thing for decades.

Speaking "name" and quality. I special ordered a S&W Model 22-5 from Adventure Outdoors. It was a new production replica of the US 1917 45ACP Smith and Wesson (I have a real one from 1918 - wanted a matching set). Order it 10 years ago, and it came in WITHOUT the LANYARD RING....the machining operation for it had never even been done...they just skipped it, and shipped it hoping I wouldn't notice. It was a then $900 revolver.. Shipped it right back and made them finish it....

Back
Top Bottom