• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You're Just "Paying for the Name"

Suck it up and buy a quality belt. :)
Or, there’s shoulder holsters.
But granted, even with a LW Commander, eight rounds of hardball does add a little heft.

BTW, I’ve never felt under gunned even with my little Star PD.
Hint: spare mags.

and, have any of the Kimber haters ever actually owned one?
Never owned one, but sold them. Also we shipped back to the factory for many people. Not to mention they tell anyone with problems to put 500-1000 rounds through them before sending them back.
That kind of money they should be dependable right out of the box.

Dan Wesson is just as good as Wilson Combat, Nighthawk and Ed Brown for half the cost. i said what i said.
“Good” is subjective- depends on what a person values in a gun. I’m a DW fan. The parts quality and fit & finish for the price cannot be beat. I recently bought an Ed Brown at about twice the price, and can make a little comparison. The DW has been my favorite handgun to shoot for a while now. It’s a soft shooter and seems just as accurate as the EB in my hands. The f&f on a DW is a large step above Colt, Kimber, and the other mass production guns. But the EB is at least a half step above the DW, due to all of the hand fitting. There is very little slide to frame wiggle on the DW, but there is ZERO on the EB. Does it make a real difference in how it shoots? No, it’s just more refined. But both do the job. If you value artistry and craftsmanship, it’s worth the added price. If that’s not high on your list, the DW is just about perfect. But it’s like comparing a Mustang GT with a handling package to a BMW M5: both are well made, both are a lot of fun, both perform well above average, and 99.99% of us aren’t skilled enough to exploit any performance differences. The difference in price for the fit &finish upgrade in the BMW will be worth it to some; to others it won’t matter. To me, I’m on the fence and I’m leaning to one side or the other depending on the day. But I sure do like handling and dry firing that EB, and I do it a lot more often. ;)

I love this thread. Sometimes in life, we find that there are some names that are just that, names. What makes a name is the product that the name produces. Would you use $1 AA batteries or Duracell/Energizer batteries in an important item? The dollar store batteries serve a purpose as just using a remote control or time clock on a dresser. Duracell, Optima, Shuriken, etc batteries stand by their product as they are for aficionado's (car guru's) who demand the best and dont want to be let down. I've been hearing for years how good Accuracy International guns are and want to experience the ride myself. A $1,000 Ruger Precision rifle will reach 1,000 yards just like an AI can. But will the Ruger be a tack driver, produce small groups, and function reliable in extreme conditions like the AI? Probably not, but the name AI SCREAMS quality and STANDS by their product as top of the line in long range shooting. To my knowledge, QT is the only gas station that guarantee's their gas, but other gas stations still get business and dont guarantee nothing but to take your money regardless if its the correct gas or not. So sometimes names mean a lot. Experiences will vary as there are some budget gems out here.

What fits this thread is the OEM mag, which is more expensive, but same product with added logo.

Someone told me about being at a rum distillery in the Caribbean a long time ago. He said they put the same rum into two differently labeled bottles for export, one was premium and one was the budget brand.

yep. what real advantage do you get from a $40 Wilson combat 1911 mag when you have an ol'GI mag that hasnt malfunctioned since the 60's j
????????
Did you even read the post I was referring to?

what real advantage do you get from a Sig mag made by Mecgar when you could buy the a Mecgar mag cheaper?

Same, same. I guess?

Don't remember the name of the originator, but there is a tool used in the construction industry. The simple project triangle in graphic form, the three vertices represent respectively; quality, budget, and schedule. Cheaper, faster, better, you can have any two. Quality means conformance to standards. Your standards may be different than mine.

Is a Boeing a better airplane than a McDonnell Douglas?? I doubt it. The L1011 was my favorite.
Is a Colt 1911 better than a Norinco 1911? Personally, I have no use for communist Chinese junk.

Back
Top Bottom