• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You're Just "Paying for the Name"

Spend a day shooting a Guncrafter Industries or Nighthawk and you'll forget DW exists.

I would disagree there. When it came to actually shooting the gun, my Les Baer was no different than my old Springfield Loaded. The fit and finish on the Baer was far superior, and the gun was an absolute dream to finger ****, but when it came time to actually shoot it, they were the same tool.

The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of cheap price.
Except when the high priced says "Made in China" same as the cheap one. I was looking at the Bowflex Sellectech 552 adjustable dumbbells... Made in China. Saw the cheap ones on eBay for half the price... Made in China. Decided against the style altogether but not because of price. Damn things are WAY long no matter what weight you put on them.

The REAL kicker is when it isn't even a different logo, just imported and marked up.

You ever shake a Wilson Combat, ...........not a sound, you shake the lower end ones and they rattle
That's because the only way the cheaper ones will shoot half way reliably is the tolerances are crap. Over time that rattle turns into failure.

WC, NH, EB are meant to be tight but still function like a Glock. Dan Wesson is good but they are not in the same weight class as the big 3.

Although, I do have a RI tactical that I traded into and I shoot all the time with zero issues.

I would disagree there. When it came to actually shooting the gun, my Les Baer was no different than my old Springfield Loaded. The fit and finish on the Baer was far superior, and the gun was an absolute dream to finger ****, but when it came time to actually shoot it, they were the same tool.
You'll notice a difference after you've rattled 10k through them. I also notice a difference in time back on target and recoil impulse. Shooting the GI is like getting jerked off with every squeeze of the trigger.

Spend a day shooting a Guncrafter Industries or Nighthawk and you'll forget DW exists.
Had plenty of higher end 1911 that claim to be better.
Nighthawk, Cylinder & Slide, Wilson Combat to name a few...
Absolutely not any better and not worth spending 2 or 3 times the money.

Back
Top Bottom