• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

your fishing pet peeves

what type boat?
14.5 ft Lund aluminum v hull. 15 hp evinrude, trolling motors front and rear, lowrance sonar and maps. Nothin fancy. Not much money so it doesn't bother me if it doesn't see any use sometimes. I decked the front and put a swivel seat on it. Got some lakes close by that are trolling motor only. I like the hooch. Put in at Franklin above West Point. Whites run in Feb. And hybrids in May.

especially when fly fishing. people just walk up like they dont see that it takes a bit of real estate
to get the fly out there.
oh and those damn shoot the hooch sob's that are let out at the damn and run you over coming down the stream.
i get it we gotta share the water. i was once ran the hell over by a kayaker while i had my back facing up river.
he came out of nowhere as i was following my line on a down stream float. dude just plowed me.
i looked shore side and my better half is shaking he head "no" as-in not to flip the sob over. i would have too
if she wasnt there. guy didnt say one word or make eye contact either. just kept moving on.
looking back on the situation, now that im older (just turned 51 a few days ago) if it happened today he would get his butt flipped over faster than you can believe, no matter what she thinks lol. its all about respect in situations like these. right there at the north tip of bowmans island.

kayaks roll back up LOL.

Sorry brother but I have been there with boats. So many issues I would just replace the whole motor for 6 grand or so.
The motor's good. I just need a mechanic that can figure out what's stopping the fuel from getting to it. BTW, re-powering it would cost about 15 grand.

The motor's good. I just need a mechanic that can figure out what's stopping the fuel from getting to it. BTW, re-powering it would cost about 15 grand.
Roger that. Is it a 150? The big engines are pricey. I hope you get it all worked out man.

I have had a few boats I wish I had repowered because they were perfect boats other than engine troubles.

Roger that. Is it a 150? The big engines are pricey. I hope you get it all worked out man.

I have had a few boats I wish I had repowered because they were perfect boats other than engine troubles.
It's got a 115 on it now, but when I re-power it will be 150. Everything about the boat is exactly the way I want it and all systems work perfectly... other than the fuel issue. Even cylinder compression is like a new motor.

It's got a 115 on it now, but when I re-power it will be 150. Everything about the boat is exactly the way I want it and all systems work perfectly... other than the fuel issue. Even cylinder compression is like a new motor.
Odd then. Is the motor computerized? May be a faulty brain.

Back
Top Bottom