• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

your fishing pet peeves

The one thing that really irks me is people fishing too close to me. I hate being crowded by other people. If I'm trout fishing and someone gets within 20-30 yards of me, I'll either say something not very nice or pick up and move to a different spot. Usually I just move.

especially when fly fishing. people just walk up like they dont see that it takes a bit of real estate
to get the fly out there.
oh and those damn shoot the hooch sob's that are let out at the damn and run you over coming down the stream.
i get it we gotta share the water. i was once ran the hell over by a kayaker while i had my back facing up river.
he came out of nowhere as i was following my line on a down stream float. dude just plowed me.
i looked shore side and my better half is shaking he head "no" as-in not to flip the sob over. i would have too
if she wasnt there. guy didnt say one word or make eye contact either. just kept moving on.
looking back on the situation, now that im older (just turned 51 a few days ago) if it happened today he would get his butt flipped over faster than you can believe, no matter what she thinks lol. its all about respect in situations like these. right there at the north tip of bowmans island.

does anybody else have these?
mine involves catch pics. why in thee hell do people insist on taking pics
with their rod in their mouth or laid across their backs/sholders?
i dont get it. it doesnt look cool (stupid actually) or natural.
why do people do this?

you guys have any peeves?
Be the last time that we fished together!

I don't let my trout rods ever touch dirt. Even the ass of the rod
I will never throw my rod down in the dirt or sand. No matter how big the fish. Ever.
*repeat last 3 sentences*

All that being said can't say I have had a pole in my mouth. Maybe its ghay code and it's a signal they do

bear i get this and i dont think anybody here can say they dont often find themselves
needing the 3rd hand. im guilty myself. if your chest deep thats 1 thing, but 99% of the time these folks are on boats and 2 feet next to shore.
they are always on a nice boat

The one thing that really irks me is people fishing too close to me. I hate being crowded by other people. If I'm trout fishing and someone gets within 20-30 yards of me, I'll either say something not very nice or pick up and move to a different spot. Usually I just move.
yes, I have heard some colorful language in these situations.

Saw 2 brothers fighting over this on the soquee walking to my spot.

Brother 1 was fishing a hole and brother 2 walked up on him cast 1 time as I was walking by and hooked a very nice rainbow. Brother 2 got it in and it was a show. Brother 1 resorted to repeatedly calling brother 2 a racial slur and didnt care who heard. The tried to get me in on it to apply opinion and mentioned they were brothers and ask me what I thought. I told them they were brothers and just enjoy the fish. Didnt want to pick sides. But brother1 was still pissed. I would have been too

Back
Top Bottom