Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Gas

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Wood

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Go get TACOS

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
I'll be first to admit I'm not a grill master. Can't even see that designation from where I stand.

But we redid our deck a couple of years ago and one of the BEST things we did was run a line for natural gas. I had to re-jet the grill, but it is so nice to just go out and turn the thing on and ready to grill in minutes. No more "Oh crap, ran out of gas in the middle of the burgers" kind of thing.

I'll be first to admit I'm not a grill master. Can't even see that designation from where I stand.

But we redid our deck a couple of years ago and one of the BEST things we did was run a line for natural gas. I had to re-jet the grill, but it is so nice to just go out and turn the thing on and ready to grill in minutes. No more "Oh crap, ran out of gas in the middle of the burgers" kind of thing.

Gas and meat should never share a grill! :)

I can't cook on gas, I guess its just a "hotter heat'. Every time I try on a borrowed gas grill I burn everything.
The convenience would be nice though.

If making Jerky, I use a Masterbuilt Electric with Apple wood chips. Can Maintain 175 degrees and set a timer. If I am doing shoulders, rumps, ribs, Turkey, Pizza I use the 30 yr old BGE with Lump Charcoal ,Pecan,apple and Hickory water soaked chunks.

Both....gas(LP) and charcoal. Depends on what I'm cooking. Steaks, dogs, burgers etc get the gas grill. Birds, butts, pork, and whole tips get the smoker with coal... Now if we got a party type thing going on I will do charcoal for burgers and such...it just cooks longer and more economically. With just me and the wifey- I can flip the gas grill on and it be ready in 10 mins...
i do have a cool little outdoor electric roaster pan thing my brother gave me for Christmas one year...it works real good for hams, turkeys etc.

Last edited:
Kingsford on a Weber. It's a hard to beat combo. The "little" 22.5" is about 30 years old and just got replaced with the 26.75" Gold. This new one is a monster.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_05_23_yjedeny6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom