• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your best or first convertible memory!

1996 Mustang GT Triple Black... such a fun car to drive.. Still have it.. DSC_0912.jpg

72 Fiat Spyder- Italy bring back, complete rebuild circa 84.

Fun to drive, nightmare to maintain. Final straw was when the clutch pedal broke in half on a shift on I-85. Rotting away in a pasture now.

i871.photobucket.com_albums_ab275_Granite3_Fiat_photo.jpg

When I worked for Phar Mor discount drugstore in the late 80s they sent me to Deerfield Beach to help rehab older stores. Me and another guy from Macon were roommates at a LaQuinta for over a year. During that time we had a new 88 Beretta and a red 88 LeBaron ragtop. We quickly learned that the top would go down but when it went back up it was crooked and wouldn't latch. We didn't take it back to Alamo cause we were afraid they would give us a Taurus. We couldn't lose our Florida car. So that's how we rode rain or shine.

In 04 I bought a 93 Miata and had it about a year.You get it out on the interstate and put it to the floor in 5th gear and it feels like you're going fast until everyone passes you and big trucks nearly blow you off the road. That car cured me off the little birth cars.

My first two cars were convertible. I bought the first a month before my 15 bday. It was a vw kit called the 29 T based on a super beetle chassis. Funky thing looked like the hot wheels car with the German helmet (just no helmet). Believe it or not, it had Micky Thompson drag slicks on the back LOL. With those huge tires, it wouldn't get out of its own way! Kept it a year or so and my dad helped me buy a 68 Mustang convertible that looked like it had hit everything but 100! Had a 289 and turn signals in the hood that faced the driver. Drove it until I graduated and like a fool traded for an 83 RX7 when I left for school.

On a side note, my youngest turns 16 next year and I am secretly bringing an old convertible back to life for him. It's a 68 Fairlane 500 convert with a 289. Hope to surprise him on his birthday.

First memory was seeing all of my cousins take off without me in a firebird convertible during a family vacation a long, long time ago.

Had a Fiat X1/9 - technically not a convertible.

Had a Fiat Spyder convertible - cool car with a glasspack until the front end broke.

Yeah, it's been only sunroofs since then...

When i was 14 stole my Dads Fiat 124 spyder drove it over to my girl friends house..broke down a mile from the house had the neighbor tow me home before he got back parked it in the same spot..he never knew it was gone! he does now know!

My first two cars were convertible. I bought the first a month before my 15 bday. It was a vw kit called the 29 T based on a super beetle chassis. Funky thing looked like the hot wheels car with the German helmet (just no helmet). Believe it or not, it had Micky Thompson drag slicks on the back LOL. With those huge tires, it wouldn't get out of its own way! Kept it a year or so and my dad helped me buy a 68 Mustang convertible that looked like it had hit everything but 100! Had a 289 and turn signals in the hood that faced the driver. Drove it until I graduated and like a fool traded for an 83 RX7 when I left for school.

On a side note, my youngest turns 16 next year and I am secretly bringing an old convertible back to life for him. It's a 68 Fairlane 500 convert with a 289. Hope to surprise him on his birthday.
IM up for adoption...DADDY!... that's cooool hope he enjoys it!

A friend of my oldest brother gave me a ride in his 64 1/2 k code mustang convertable when i was around 14. When it was time to get out, i just sat there grinning and didnt move. They laughed but i didn't care.......i also stood there and stared at it as he drove away. Red with a back top....beautiful

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom