• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your best or first convertible memory!

I rented a car for a week in Rhode Island a couple years ago. There was a rush of people in front of me and they took all of the other cars in the National Emerald Isle - the only thing left was a Red 2012 Camaro Convertable with about 2,000 miles on it. They reluctantly said I could take it... :) It was not very fast, but it was fun tooling around with the top down. I sort of felt like I was trying to be a big shot though.

My first car in HS back in 1990. A 1984 Chrysler Lebaron K-Car, Mark Cross Edition. 2.6L 4cyl sourced from the Dodge Caravan of same vintage. Little did I know how lame it (I) was, but the convertible top, digital dash, and talking car features ("Your door is ajar" says the Speak & Spell voice) made up for it. Well, sort of....It was no Mustang or Camaro, but it beat the Lincoln TC and Volvo Diesel my Dad said I should buy for "safety".

Buddy of mine had a turd-brown MG in highschool that we cruised in (well, when we weren't constantly working on it / trying to find parts). After a drunk driver took me out on my GoldWing and my wife sternly requested I not get another bike, I picked up a used Z4 roadster ..... Yeah, a "hair-dresser" car, but with a few mods, that son of a gun is a blast to tool around in :D

Back
Top Bottom