• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

YOUR AR15 PREFFERED PARTS AND WHY

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I really didn't really think about straying from my norm pats selection until the other day i decided to take a chance and picked up a different buffer tube assembly. It wasn't till it was installed until I remembered why I pay 79 to 89 dollars for my usual selection m
I usually opt for the Spikes premium H2 buffer kit. For one reason the buffer itself does make a lot of racket. Second and the most important ( to me it's all. subjective ) is the the inside of the buffer tube is coated with a dry film that drastically cuts down on the ccharging charging oise. The one I have now milled spirals down the length of the tube and you can hear every damn one of those raised those milmarks..even with a little grease in tube.

I will admit I am a obsessive, compulsive A holes you have probably ever know. So that buzzing noise when I charge my weapon just pisses me off. Between 70 and 80 is a lot to pay for a buffer kit however, they are one of the quietest kits on the market. Sorry for the rant but at least smooth out those gosh darn sprials.inside the buffer tube. It cant cost that much to run a smaller stone down there and smooth it out.

Anybody else have a favorite part and why.

My favorite upgrade is a Geissele posi-snap ambi safety. A sloppy safety is one thing I can't deal with. Wobbly upper to lower fit, terrible trigger, or a loose stock I can work with, but not the safety.

I like all things geissele, most of my guns have something geissele on them. Some have mostly geissele lower parts.

Having been through several variations of these components I prefer:
Rail/Handguard-Wedglock (Hodge, Zev, Mega, Triarc)
Charging Handle-Radian
Trigger-AR Gold or Trigger Tech
Safety-Geissele Posi-Snap Ambi
Grip-Reptilia
Still waiting for delivery on my first VLTOR A5 buffer system so it remains to be seen if that will become a staple for me as well.

I really didn't really think about straying from my norm pats selection until the other day i decided to take a chance and picked up a different buffer tube assembly. It wasn't till it was installed until I remembered why I pay 79 to 89 dollars for my usual selection m
I usually opt for the Spikes premium H2 buffer kit. For one reason the buffer itself does make a lot of racket. Second and the most important ( to me it's all. subjective ) is the the inside of the buffer tube is coated with a dry film that drastically cuts down on the ccharging charging oise. The one I have now milled spirals down the length of the tube and you can hear every damn one of those raised those milmarks..even with a little grease in tube.

I will admit I am a obsessive, compulsive A holes you have probably ever know. So that buzzing noise when I charge my weapon just pisses me off. Between 70 and 80 is a lot to pay for a buffer kit however, they are one of the quietest kits on the market. Sorry for the rant but at least smooth out those gosh darn sprials.inside the buffer tube. It cant cost that much to run a smaller stone down there and smooth it out.

Anybody else have a favorite part and why.

Sounds like you normally get a mil spec receiver extension tube, but this time got a commercial. Mil spec is 7075-T6, commercial is typically 6065-T6. 7075's yield strength is about 3 times the ultimate strength of 6065. Plus mil-spec requires the inside to be teflon lined, the extension tube to be forged, and the threads to be rolled rather than cut.

There are currently a LOT of companies that sell "mil spec" tubes, but upon closer inspection you find that they are "mil spec size", and made of "6000 series aircraft grade aluminum".

Sounds like you normally get a mil spec receiver extension tube, but this time got a commercial. Mil spec is 7075-T6, commercial is typically 6065-T6. 7075's yield strength is about 3 times the ultimate strength of 6065. Plus mil-spec requires the inside to be teflon lined, the extension tube to be forged, and the threads to be rolled rather than cut.

There are currently a LOT of companies that sell "mil spec" tubes, but upon closer inspection you find that they are "mil spec size", and made of "6000 series aircraft grade aluminum".
Well it did say mil-sand and came in attractive packaging. I guess dont judbook book by its cover. I got impatient and snapped it up. It was 30.bucks cheaper. So I thought I had a new set up by price and package. WRONG! After 15 plus years of building ARs and fiddling with 1911's I would learned my lesson.
AI and you can
Moral.of the story is stick with what you know and save the money from another lesson learned. I heard someone mention Radian ambi charg hanlde. Good cboice. I like a few of Radians parts.

Oh and the parts have good clearance it's nust thst damn spiral cut from the lathe or CNC or whatever they.use.

Back
Top Bottom