• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You think you can't afford a cabin.

If someone will sell me an acre of land in north georgia for tree fiddy, I will build one of these. Except will have some sort of protective something on it so it lasts a few years.

i used to work with a guy that knew someone who worked at a glass place in douglasville, they got all their plate glass shipped in large crates made from 2x4 and 2x6
he went out there every day for 18 months, and got the lumber they were throwing away, pulled the nails and stacked it under a tarp on their land in gwinett.

when they had enough lumber, they started building. and they lived in a 48 foot freight trailer during construction, the back 8 feet was the office, and the building inspector had no idea two parents and five kids were living in the rest of the trailer.

i used to work with a guy that knew someone who worked at a glass place in douglasville, they got all their plate glass shipped in large crates made from 2x4 and 2x6
he went out there every day for 18 months, and got the lumber they were throwing away, pulled the nails and stacked it under a tarp on their land in gwinett.

when they had enough lumber, they started building. and they lived in a 48 foot freight trailer during construction, the back 8 feet was the office, and the building inspector had no idea two parents and five kids were living in the rest of the trailer.
Legend

He lived in the Soviet Union, when they heard the Berlin Wall fell, he and his pregnant wife and four kids started walking,
They walked from Odessa Ukraine to west Germany, spent their last money on plane tickets, they arrived In the US with eleven dollars.

I met him when he was a custodian / janitor at a church.
hardest working , most frugal , guy I’ve ever met .

I guarantee you his net worth is now more than mine . we threw him a big party when he got his citizenship .

He lived in the Soviet Union, when they heard the Berlin Wall fell, he and his pregnant wife and four kids started walking,
They walked from Odessa Ukraine to west Germany, spent their last money on plane tickets, they arrived In the US with eleven dollars.

I met him when he was a custodian / janitor at a church.
hardest working , most frugal , guy I’ve ever met .

I guarantee you his net worth is now more than mine . we threw him a big party when he got his citizenship .

Sorry I’m late but that’s nice man.
I have so much respect for foreigners that came here from communist block countries and take advantage of everything America has to offer them and they live frugally and really appreciate the opportunities way more than people that were born here.
We could learn so much from. them.
I wish there was a huge network of them that could speak to our kids at school.
From age 16 I was mentored by my Moms second Husband that escaped Nazi occupied Yugoslavia after his Parents were murdered, his farm taken by soldiers that used his Younger Sister for a sex slave while he hid under the barn and bided his time.
He ended up stealing a grenade from a drunken soldier and used it to kill the soldiers while they huddled around a campfire.
He snatched his Sister from her bedroom and hid out in burned out barns finding refugees along the way for help.
He finally made it to safety and was able to board a boat with his Sister headed to the U.S. but not before escaping death several times with dogs, trains being straifed and pure dumb luck.

That was one man that would straighten a nail and make masterpieces out of scrap.
I learned so much from him.
He did t pay anyone to do anything for him....if it needed done he would do it.
I swear he put 20 coats of paint on everything he painted....lol.

Back
Top Bottom