• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You know who you are!

"Hello Sir... My name is Bond.... James Bond!"

I have made some big trips to meet folks. And surely, I honor my words. - I try to understand their excuse, and I take their words before making a negative feedback. - Two years ago, I had a pretty much done deal with someone , and went to meet the member at Cabelas Acworth, GA; I traveled from my home all the way over there(1 hour 30 minutes), guy never showed up. - After many, many text I sent to him, he texted back saying that he was attending to a huge crash, helping people, blah, blah... because and the end of his shift, some big accident happened and he was called back to help. - I asked him what was his job, if was EMT or something... He said he was a Police Officer. - Well, I took his words... Didn't do any bad feedback. -- Two days later he was texting again asking if we could make the deal, and I said, "No Sir. Thanks."

I'm about ready to put some people on my Ignore, seems lately my ads are attracting Flakes and Dingbats on my PM's. They make offers, I respond back, then "Crickets", I don't know if they're serious or fishing. But it ties me up because I don't know if they want it and I hate to sell or trade to another if they're first in line. If I get another offer and I haven't heard from them in four days, "Boom" to ignore. My time is just as valuable as theirs. And I don;t live on the ODT (anymore):becky:

Don't really think age has anything to do with it . I guess at 28 I'd be considered part of the young bunch .
But if i tell you I'll take it .. that means I'll take it .
If we agree to a time ... I'll be there .( Probably 10-15 min early)
If I agree to sell you sale/trade you something...it's yours . (Regardless if someone else offers me twice as much 5 min later.)

Their might come a day where I have nothing but my word . I try my best to make it worth something .
Then you are indeed a worthy dealer/ trader, need more regardless of age

It's not about age, it's about home raise'n. Today and for the past 20-25 years, far too many single parent homes w/ no daddy around. How is a boy supposed to become a man w/o having a father to teach him? My daddy instilled in me early that I was only as good as my word. Still works and proves true 48 years later.
Mine always said a man is no better than his word,and never sell a lie.

Back
Top Bottom