• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You don't know what a load will do until you try it

Great write up. I just got in a bunch of 110gr barnes tac-tx bullets. I hope to have an opportunity to try them on meat this year.
My buddy runs the Barnes Tac Tx 110’s in a 10.5” 300 Blk pistol. He made a 135 yard, (rangefinder verified) shot a 100# pig at Ft Stewart that dropped in its tracks.

My kids and I have shot a pile of deer and pigs with 130 gr Barnes TSX’s from my 300 Blk carbine, including my avatar buck from last year. Once I run out of them, I’ll be switching to the 110’s.

I used 7mm-08 139 grain SST in my rifle for years, great round. Last few years I have used 140 grain Fusions. Hitting bone, 139 SSTs are devastating! Fusions I have only had personal experience with heart and lung shots. Coyote in photo was taken at 115 yards broadside with 139 SST. Entry was behind right shoulder and the exit wound was pretty wicked.
View attachment 3744049
Nice dead rat pic !

Great write up. I just got in a bunch of 110gr barnes tac-tx bullets. I hope to have an opportunity to try them on meat this year.

I’ve got 1 box left & guarding it. I’ve not found anymore.

Barnes has a 120 hollow point that the guys in Texas claim they’ve been stacking them with: I bought a couple boxes as a backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom