• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You can't make this **** up...

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
Okay this might have been better off in general gun discussion but it's so stupid I had to put it here. Sorta long story here. I assembled a 7.5" side charger from BCA last year along with a few other pistol length ARs for friends and coworkers. I traded the BCA side charger to another member who shall remain nameless about 3 weeks ago for a Gen 5 G17. That same night he called and told me it wouldn't fire. So I traded back with him since that's the only way I saw to keep my good feedback. Took the same

side charger down to my mom's house way down in Dooly Co the next day and ran half a dozen brass and Tula steel rounds through it flawlessly. So like I assumed he just had traders remorse and wanted the G17 back.
Now this other build was a Davidson Defense upper in 7.5" that I put together for one of my very few friends. And this one was earlier in the summer. Well when he got around to trying it out he called and said it wouldn't fire. I had no idea what to say or do since it was a factory assembled upper with their BCG. Finally got it here yesterday and rand 2 brass case rounds followed by two cheap ass Tula steel case through it with no problem. So I had no idea what the original problem was. Then I got home and went to put the upper in the violin case it came in and saw a surplus 30 round mag. That mag had 10 rounds loaded in it still on the stripper clip. Yes a stripper clip shoved down into a mag. I can easily see why it wouldn't fire. On top of that I had to pry the base plate off the mag to get those 10 rounds unloaded.
The guy that did this has 25 plus years in law enforcement and is qualified as a pistol instructor. But he works the night shift so I will attribute this one to morning drinking. But I DID tell him to go find a meeting.

Attachments

• 32586.jpeg
    32586.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 222
  • 32597.jpeg
    32597.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 235
  • 20210228_195052.jpg
    20210228_195052.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 226
Okay this might have been better off in general gun discussion but it's so stupid I had to put it here. Sorta long story here. I assembled a 7.5" side charger from BCA last year along with a few other pistol length ARs for friends and coworkers. I traded the BCA side charger to another member who shall remain nameless about 3 weeks ago for a Gen 5 G17. That same night he called and told me it wouldn't fire. So I traded back with him since that's the only way I saw to keep my good feedback. Took the same

side charger down to my mom's house way down in Dooly Co the next day and ran half a dozen brass and Tula steel rounds through it flawlessly. So like I assumed he just had traders remorse and wanted the G17 back.
Now this other build was a Davidson Defense upper in 7.5" that I put together for one of my very few friends. And this one was earlier in the summer. Well when he got around to trying it out he called and said it wouldn't fire. I had no idea what to say or do since it was a factory assembled upper with their BCG. Finally got it here yesterday and rand 2 brass case rounds followed by two cheap ass Tula steel case through it with no problem. So I had no idea what the original problem was. Then I got home and went to put the upper in the violin case it came in and saw a surplus 30 round mag. That mag had 10 rounds loaded in it still on the stripper clip. Yes a stripper clip shoved down into a mag. I can easily see why it wouldn't fire. On top of that I had to pry the base plate off the mag to get those 10 rounds unloaded.
The guy that did this has 25 plus years in law enforcement and is qualified as a pistol instructor. But he works the night shift so I will attribute this one to morning drinking. But I DID tell him to go find a meeting.
lol, wtf?

:pound: :pound: :pound:

Back
Top Bottom