Giveaway!  You can call me Silver Balls.....Hooray 3K Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inbonuscivis

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
20   0
Reaction score
Ok since I hit my 3000 post count I am going to give something away to a fine member of our community.

Prizes: (Winner will select one of the following)
#1 A free 60 Point inspection and consult on emergency preps from my consulting company, plus our initial findings and recs for improvement.
#2 300 rounds of 22 LR
#3 (2) 15 rd box of 12 2 3/4" Slugs or Buckshot (Whichever you prefer)

Drawing: THe winner will be selected on June 10, 2013 (My birthday) and will be shipped (if necessary) on my dime, but local pickup is always preferred.

Stipulations: In order to win one of these prizes please tell me what you think is something a lot of people miss when starting in preparing for disasters? What are some DIY solutions you have found to common issues. Don't give me the political answer and say "throw money at it" but instead give me

For example: A lot of new preppers often have no idea how to prepare food for storage, something that is a little easier than vaccuum sealing bags that you can't reseal after an emergency is to use 2liter bottles for storage. This method allows you to access the amount you need for that meal without exposing excess amounts to outside containmenation.

Thank you all for your participation and I look forward to your responses.

Congrats bro on #3000!

I would think some would over look a very small but critical thing, prescription maintenance medication. For those people that are diabetic, suffer from hypertension, heart issues, organ transplant recipients, etc. would not last very long without their medication. Knowing natural alternatives in case medication runs out would be a great tool for a prepper.

Congrats bro on #3000!

I would think some would over look a very small but critical thing, prescription maintenance medication. For those people that are diabetic, suffer from hypertension, heart issues, organ transplant recipients, etc. would not last very long without their medication. Knowing natural alternatives in case medication runs out would be a great tool for a prepper.

Thanks Man. Yeah I agree, something a lot of diabetics fail to realize for sure. (How do you intend to keep your medication cool when there is no power?) A solution might be to build a root celler or find a spring fed creek to keep things cool but even then thats a dangerous "maybe".

Thanks for being number 1 lets grab a beer soon.

A meet-up & communication plan for the family if not together when a natural disaster strikes. It is one of the things I think about quite a bit as I have young children that could be at school, church, with relatives. Being prepared is only as good as getting the family together where you are prepared.

Congradulation - 3K - thats a lot. You are a great guy and an asset to the ODT - "FREEDOM"

It seems that water actually catches most folks. Whenever there is a disaster water is scarce. SO - even though it is basic to life I dont believe most people are prepared for it. Just watch the video of any disaster and you will see water is a big deal. NOONE is ready?

I read something SurvivorJohnny wrote a while back,
3 minutes of air
3 hours of exposure
3 days without water
3 weeks without food

I thought that was pretty neat - tought my kids to think about that. Also - fascinating how the number 3 is the deal, think about it?

Poop containment system in bug outs and bunkers. I will just poop in the woods.

Pooping in the woods is fine if your group is limited in size but what about water contaimination? Have you considered trying to use a bucket and a trashbag with a tight sealing lid? You can buy bacteria to put in septic tanks that will eat most of the solid waste.

A meet-up & communication plan for the family if not together when a natural disaster strikes. It is one of the things I think about quite a bit as I have young children that could be at school, church, with relatives. Being prepared is only as good as getting the family together where you are prepared.

Very Well said.
I agree having contingencies is crucial to the success of the mission. Something that worked for us was to develop a gant chart where we showed members. "If this happens (yes/no) then do this, if that happens then do this...." which also helps in providing them an extra sense of security incase the leader isn't present when they have to make a decision.

Congradulation - 3K - thats a lot. You are a great guy and an asset to the ODT - "FREEDOM"

It seems that water actually catches most folks. Whenever there is a disaster water is scarce. SO - even though it is basic to life I dont believe most people are prepared for it. Just watch the video of any disaster and you will see water is a big deal. NOONE is ready?

I read something SurvivorJohnny wrote a while back,
3 minutes of air
3 hours of exposure
3 days without water
3 weeks without food

I thought that was pretty neat - tought my kids to think about that. Also - fascinating how the number 3 is the deal, think about it?

Yep the last one is 3 months you can survive ill (case dependant) but yes I also learned the rules of three when I went through SERE.

I agree water is a huge necessity that needs to be addressed, something that scares me is when people link all their water storage together and run the risk of losing their entire supply should one unit be containmenated.

And thank you sir for the kind words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom