• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yankee Thunder - Steel target system review

fotog54

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
58   0
Reaction score
Just thought I would share my review on the Yankee Thunder steel target kit. I was NOT provided this for review, I bought it direct from their website.

The kit I ordered was "The Contender Kit". It is currently on sale for $99.99.
I also ordered the 11" Silhouette Body Mass Target. Currently $54.99
You will need to order an extra set of hooks if you want to hang all 3 targets. Free Shipping, no tax.

Stopped at Home Depot and bought 3 10' sections of 1" EMT Electrical conduit. This is pretty popular, my local Lowes and HD were both out, had to go to a third HD to find it. $17.98 per pipe.

I cut 2 of the pipes in half to give me 4 (5ft) sections, I wanted my targets to be higher off the ground than others shown on site. The third pipe I cut into a 6ft and 4ft section. Today I just used the 4 foot section.

01Yankeethunder review.jpg

These are AR500 steel and today I was just shooting 9mm at them.

02Yankeethunder review.jpg

I'm not sure how this happened, I didn't notice it until I was packing it up. No major damage, still usable!

03Yankeethunder review.jpg

A lot of lead splatter removed paint from the hangers, but not surprising.

The steel plates did not show any damage from my 9mm rounds. Most were coated but there were a few FMJ in there. You can run your fingers over the steel targets and not feel any indentations.

04Yankeethunder review.jpg

05Yankeethunder review.jpg

06Yankeethunder review.jpg

07Yankeethunder review.jpg

Overall I think this kit is a great value and well designed. It should last many years, and I'll try not to shoot the conduit any more! Next range trip I'll hit them with some 5.56 and see how they respond. I kind of wish I had spent the extra money and got the 14" Torso target!

Thanks for looking.
Lee

Back
Top Bottom