• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yamaha help

Should still accelerate on 2 cylinders, would run like crap, but would bring up the rpms. Sounds the the main jets are stopped up, where you able to remove them and spray cleaner thru them?

That would help explain the intermittent issue.

I think so. Obviously cleaning all the carbs didn’t hurt at all and could have also been some of the culprit. I had one do the exact thing you described and it was a coil on mine. I kept thinking fuel pump at first, but it was the coil pack. Hope yours is running soon!

Should still accelerate on 2 cylinders, would run like crap, but would bring up the rpms. Sounds the the main jets are stopped up, where you able to remove them and spray cleaner thru them?
carbs have all been pulled and cleaned, 1 replaced even. The issue now is that i have no fire on the #2 cylinder. Swapped the coil packs from the #3 to the #2 and the problem remained. Both 1 and 3 are firing strong.

carbs have all been pulled and cleaned, 1 replaced even. The issue now is that i have no fire on the #2 cylinder. Swapped the coil packs from the #3 to the #2 and the problem remained. Both 1 and 3 are firing strong.

What does a compression test show?

Back
Top Bottom