• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yamaha help

Carbs are currently tore down and waiting on parts to get here. Hoping that does the trick. The fuel pump is just over a year old but could still be an issue?

Anything that touches fuel can be an issue. Those engines were never meant to run alcohol fuel. You are lucky you got away with it as long as you did. You should see the pile of dead engines at my local Stihl shop. Easily 10 feet across and 6' high. Alcohol is bad juju for engines. Alcohol free is all I run in everything.

eta: If you have any metal that is etched or corroded in the fuel system, carb cleaner won't touch it. You might try some mild acid, otherwise replace the parts.

Ethanol eats fuel lines from the inside out. I would replace all fuel before putting rebuilt carbs back on. If your going to rebuild the carbs they need to be tore down and soaked before rebuild. Ultrasonic cleaner will help.

So i have went through the carbs and cleaned the lines. Fuel pump functions properly. Ran it friday with fresh non ethanol and it still won't accelerate. Banked the boat at the house and did a spark check, #2 was not firing at all!!!
So apparently it was an intermittent coil pack issue. New one ordered and should be here this week. Hopefully that is the culprit!.

So i have went through the carbs and cleaned the lines. Fuel pump functions properly. Ran it friday with fresh non ethanol and it still won't accelerate. Banked the boat at the house and did a spark check, #2 was not firing at all!!!
So apparently it was an intermittent coil pack issue. New one ordered and should be here this week. Hopefully that is the culprit!.

That’s what I figured

Back
Top Bottom