• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

XRP set to kick SEC teeth in

Where can you buy it. I’ve got some coins on coinbase. They’ve suspended trading. I checked binance and kraken. Neither is trading it right now

Where can you buy it. I’ve got some coins on coinbase. They’ve suspended trading. I checked binance and kraken. Neither is trading it right now

Uphold. Their interface isn't all that great in my opinion. Also the holds on withdrawals off the platform are atrocious; i.e 50-60 days. I haven't had any issues buying or selling any smaller amounts though; i.e $100-$600.

The biggest threat to these non state block chain currencies is the banking industry and their government cronies. I expect the digital wallets aspect to be attacked by gov trying to force transactions to go through banks. Not sure if it will work but I don't expect gov or the banking industry to sit on its hands while it gets cut out of the world monetary system.

The chinese with their digital yuan are ahead of us and stand to take a greater share of world trade in their currency. I doubt many beyond their sphere of influence will adopt it for world trade solely because most nations don't want to give china and their manipulated currency so much control over them. But, with the state of the dollar, I'm not sure what percentage of world trade in the digital yuan instead of the dollar spells disaster for us. Especially with independent block chain currencies taking a further share.

If we can avoid a state run/manipulated digital currency that would be the single greatest thing our generation(s) could do towards individual liberty throughout the world. The way state backed currency is set up now it is nothing but a giant ponzi scheme that enslaves all of us. I don't see how we get from here to there though. Massive wars have been instigated for far less of a threat to the powers that be. I expect a lot of chaos and bloodshed down this road.

This chaos and bloodshed will start in the soft power arena (like the lawsuits being brought by the SEC) as the progressive left has shown to be quite adept in this arena and shown its effectiveness. It's important we see these soft power plays for what they are. Manipulation of societal perception. If the things we love as a society (sports is a great example as it for some reason means a lot to so many of us) have strife with it then that does serve to divide us. I'm sure we will see further efforts to divide opinion on the subject.

Just my over blown 2 cents. I'm far from an expert on this subject.

I am hesitant to speculate on the first part as I don't have any actual proof, but I'm of the opinion that this is already happening. I think the big world monetary players have been "talking their books" for a while now. Now there will be a few who end up being the sacrificial lamb like the Lehman brothers did but after the dust settles it will be business as usual. It will just take some time to get their tentacles wrapped around everything.

And as far as China goes, I can't shake the feeling that this is by design; that the US is lagging behind on purpose. I mean looking at how seemingly well things went during the 90s with the birth of the internet age in the US. There was effort put forth to be out in front hence why things took off like they did. I'm just not seeing that now as relating to cryptocurrencies. Maybe I'm overlooking something. :noidea:

E.T.A - Then you have this steaming hot garbage. This has a large hand into why we are in the financial mess that we are in.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/defi-s-critical-missing-piece-credit-scores

I am hesitant to speculate on the first part as I don't have any actual proof, but I'm of the opinion that this is already happening. I think the big world monetary players have been "talking their books" for a while now. Now there will be a few who end up being the sacrificial lamb like the Lehman brothers did but after the dust settles it will be business as usual. It will just take some time to get their tentacles wrapped around everything.

And as far as China goes, I can't shake the feeling that this is by design; that the US is lagging behind on purpose. I mean looking at how seemingly well things went during the 90s with the birth of the internet age in the US. There was effort put forth to be out in front hence why things took off like they did. I'm just not seeing that now as relating to cryptocurrencies. Maybe I'm overlooking something. :noidea:

E.T.A - Then you have this steaming hot garbage. This has a large hand into why we are in the financial mess that we are in.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/defi-s-critical-missing-piece-credit-scores

One of my great grandmothers pearls of wisdom was "neither a borrower nor a lender be". Took me until my 40's to internalize that. We are so wrapped up in borrowing and lending it's difficult for us to imagine a world where we are forced to live and grow within the means we have or create. Its certainly not the easy or efficient answer. But who ever said life was supposed to be easy and efficient anyway? What would be the major downfall of a world without lending and borrowing? Besides needing a safety stopgap to keep those that accrue wealth from undue control over the rest of us. But we need that now. One of the 5 original responsibilities of our federal government (yeah, that's right, it was intended to have 5 responsibilities) was to prevent monopolies. I'm a pretty big small government guy but there are a few tasks gov should have to protect the people. Reagan got rid of the monopoly protections in our media and look how that turned out this many years later.

But, I digress. Not my intention to hijack the thread regarding the sec lawsuit. Back to regularly scheduled thread topic.

One of my great grandmothers pearls of wisdom was "neither a borrower nor a lender be". Took me until my 40's to internalize that. We are so wrapped up in borrowing and lending it's difficult for us to imagine a world where we are forced to live and grow within the means we have or create. Its certainly not the easy or efficient answer. But who ever said life was supposed to be easy and efficient anyway? What would be the major downfall of a world without lending and borrowing? Besides needing a safety stopgap to keep those that accrue wealth from undue control over the rest of us. But we need that now. One of the 5 original responsibilities of our federal government (yeah, that's right, it was intended to have 5 responsibilities) was to prevent monopolies. I'm a pretty big small government guy but there are a few tasks gov should have to protect the people. Reagan got rid of the monopoly protections in our media and look how that turned out this many years later.

But, I digress. Not my intention to hijack the thread regarding the sec lawsuit. Back to regularly scheduled thread topic.
this

the fair credit reporting act of the 70s was one of the most dangerous and ****ed up piece of legislation ever put into place

Back
Top Bottom